Lessons are structured and designed to achieve the best learning outcome. My teaching style is relaxed, focusing on creating a learning environment where students are not afraid to risk. Students are different and I believe this brings the best from students.
I have a degree in Computer Science and a PGCE in Applied ICT and have taught across all key stages, both single sex and co-ed schools, primary and secondary schools. I consider myself to be a life-long learner and have created resources that best fit learners and schemes of work.
A passionate and versatile ICT/Computer Science teacher with wide ranging experience of collaborating with all parties to create the right learning environment, raise standards and achieve positive outcomes. Experience includes working with students across all Key Stages from diverse ethnic and socio- economic backgrounds. An inspiring leader and strategic thinker who embraces change and transfers ideas into action and delivery. An effective communicator with the ability to influence at all levels.
Key technical skills:
Key teaching skills:
Creation of ICT Scheme of Work │ Creation of Enrichment Curriculum Scheme of Work | Art linked to ICT | Technology linked to ICT│ Personal Social Health Religious Education │ Portfolio for Learning | Restorative Approaches│ Coaching │ Mentoring │ Behaviour Management
Time management and prioritisation │ Written and verbal communication skills | Analytical and critical thinking skills – able to identify key considerations | Presentation – able to convene and lead agenda items at small to medium sized meetings│ Stakeholder management skills – ability to prioritise stakeholders in counterpart organisation and build relationship │ Restorative Approaches│ Coaching │ Mentoring │ Behaviour Management │Provide logistical support (arranging and minuting meetings, tracking follow-up activity) to high priority stakeholder engagement activities.
• Appointed Internal Verifier for ICT and Business Studies at Platanos College
• Appointed ICT Rep at Selsdon High School by Head of Faculty
• Collaborated with a neighbouring school to develop community links, for example sport events,
Spelling Bee competition.
• Facilitated a workshop for fathers/guardian of students to highlight the key role they play in mentoring
• Responsible for managing attendance, after school and lunchtime clubs
• Supported ICT Club and provided one to one support
• Devised learning strategies to support EAL students which resulted in an improvement in expected grades at GCSE and offer of college places based on results received
• Designed and implemented a curriculum for Year 6 students, focusing on digital media
• Deployed a range of techniques (restorative practices and differentiation) to manage incidents of challenging behaviour in the classroom to improve behaviour and enhance learning
• Developed and introduced a school newsletter to incorporate the views of students, parents and the wider community. This newsletter was subsequently adopted by Year 5
• Participated in sport events and represented the staff at sports days (eg. football, cricket)
• Coached and mentored in and out of the classroom – identified areas for improvement and devised solutions with students to enhance their learning and behaviour
• Currently learning Python Programming and Adobe products
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS
MA in Leading Innovation and Change St Marys University 2015 - 2017
PGCE in Applied ICT University of Bedfordshire 2010 – 2011
BSc Computer Science Kingston University 2003 – 2006
computer skills lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||Not available||Not available|