Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on getting to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills.
* The MagiKats programme supports the Curriculum for Excellence.
* More than tutor 'hot-housing' and more than learning by rote.
* Classes are held all year round.
* MagiKats weekly workshops provide an instant boost.
* Core work (usually completed at home) provides steady consolidation.
* Students use a variety of hands-on resources to enhance their understanding.
* MagiKats students use a multi-sensory approach to learning.
* Special support available for exam preparation.
* Summer booster programmes are also available.
- Ages and Levels Covered
Extension, support and consolidation from early years to senior phase, in age appropriate groups.
- Opening Times
Tuesdays 4:00 - 5:20pm, Fridays 2:30 - 5:35pm and Saturdays 10:30am - 1:35pm
- Tuition Fees
Fees vary depending on the range of subjects studied, please call for details.
The Edinburgh centre offers a friendly, welcoming and productive environment: students get an individual approach, working in small groups, taught by a mentor. Visit the website to see a video of a workshop in action.
- About Us
Welcome to MagiKats Edinburgh (Leith Walk), the first MagiKats Tuition Centre in Scotland. My Tuition Centre is an enjoyable, friendly and dynamic environment in which each student is treated as an individual. The MagiKats programme is carefully tailored to meet the specific needs of each child and is suitable for all ages from 4 to 16. As an experienced Maths and English tutor, I am passionate about helping the students achieve their full potential using the MagiKats programme. I strongly believe that adding the 'fun factor' to a child's education is essential for effective learning and MagiKats does so brilliantly. The MagiKats programme uses a variety of learning techniques, including 'hands-on' activities, games and individually tailored worksheets. This is effective when combined with my ability to provide stability and security to children who maybe lacking in confidence or just simply want to be challenged. The MagiKats tutors at my centre are carefully selected and fully trained. With working groups limited to a maximum of 6 students per tutor, tutors have the time to understand the child's individual needs and also monitor their progress carefully. All tutors are enhanced DBS checked. I am always available to welcome new students to my Tuition Centre and it is possible to visit the workshop by prior arrangement.
• Providing local tuition, proud to offer long term extension and support work from pre-school to Highers. Students build confidence and skills whilst earning stamps, prizes and awards.
• See our website for more details, testimonials and video of a workshop! Fully trained and experienced staff. Special programmes available over the summer and for exam preparation up to and including Highers.
• Full clearance held by all staff, fully insured.
• Written by UK teachers in support of the Curriculum for Excellence, programmes for each individual student.
When I first joined Magikats I had no confidence in my own abilities and I honestly didn't believe I would pass my exams. I remember dreading each session to begin with, the last thing I wanted to do on a Friday afternoon was more work. However I kept at it and I don't think I would have gotten the results I did if it wasn't for the endless support of the MagiKats staff.
Now I am off to college with an A in Maths and a B in English. Two marks that I thought I would never get.
My time at MagiKats has been nothing but magical. I came to MagiKats seeking their help to get me to university. All I needed to get to university was grade C at National 5 level mathematics. I started the tuition around about January time and with regular homework, determination and a push from the tutors I managed to get a grade B having studied the two year course a little over four months.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 11+ school exam preparation lessons for all!
Taking writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|