My creative background provides a good base from which to plan engaging lessons that both educate and captivates students. Working predominantly with key stage 2, I have had the opportunity to inspire students in those early stages, when individuals are beginning to take a real interest in the content of classes.
Working within local schools has enabled me to build upon my knowledge of tutoring, and provide unique classroom sessions for students with varying skillsets.
My university degree have required me to engage in the academic skills unit, to better the writing abilities of both myself and my coursemates. Through peer assessment exercises, and the submission of dissertations and other written pieces, I have developed a knowledge of what is expected at this level.
BA (Hons) Illustration
Degree based on the application of art and design to businesses and clientele. Course focuses on freelance work, self promotion and technical studies into all media that art can encompass.
This course combined theoretical investigation and project work, developing transferable skills in:
• Conducting research using different tools and sources such as academic journals and artist biographies
• Participating in peer mentor sessions to present and receive critical feedback.
• Collating results from studies which would further my understanding of a given brief working independently, setting own deadlines and managing workloads effectively for example during research projects conducted outside of term time
Kennet School, Thatcham
2007 - 2014
• A Levels in English Language (B) English Literature (C) and Psychology (D)
• 7 GCSEs grades A*-C including Maths, English and Science
Administrative Skills and Experience
• Managing guest reservations over the phone as front of house representative at The Swan Inn and using a computer system to check availabilities.
• Logging stock levels and shop front rejuvenation to ensure consistent availability of product.
• Ordering supplies for businesses via phone communication
• Working efficiently in high pressure environments in the workplace and also at University to meet deadlines in a tight time frame.
• Set up website to collect student submissions for Second Year Illustration project
• Competent user of Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, Outlook and Adobe applications.
• Worked with 4 team members during the early stages of employment at Baffled Coffee, to help the growth and development of an independent, local business. Developed strong working relationships to provide excellent customer service and uphold a positive brand reputation within the community.
• Supported a group of Music Technology students to promote an open mic night, through means of social media and illustrated posters.
• Link student at Secondary School, assigned to new pupils throughout their first year of secondary education to provide both academic and emotional support.
• Hallway monitor during break periods at secondary school, to supervise school grounds and enforce school regulations.
• Captain of House Art and Music at Secondary school: Involved in running competitions and evaluating submissions. Provided mentoring and advice to students.
• Supervision and guidance of new employees at Baffled Coffee, I was also able to help train staff with the onsite appliances and machinery.
• Arranged trip to Kew Gardens over summer with coursemates interested in researching botanical illustration
Creative and Innovative
• Illustrator for Trash Arts: Portsmouth based blog for artists and poets, worked in conjunction with a network of creators to provide imagery to accompany pieces of writing
• Illustrator for ‘Under the Shade of an Orange Tree’: Commission orientated project, working alongside university literature graduate, producing drawings for published poetry book.
• Free For All Records: Conceptualised logo and produced a set of images for music technologies graduate record label
• Course Exhibitions: Filming illustration exhibitions held at local venues, interviewing students and members of the public. Editing footage to create films which were uploaded to the Portsmouth Illustration Course Network.
• Illustrated Menagerie: Creating both 3D and 2D pieces of work to submit to the course blog
July 2016 - Present Barista
• Liaising with kitchen staff and external suppliers.
• Serving members of the public and tending to customer queries.
• Delegation of tasks to fellow team members
October 2015 - April 2016 Barista
• Establishing positive customer relationships to further develop excellent brand reputation
• Preparation of food and drinks
April 2013 - September 2013 Visual Merchandiser
• Implementation of window displays, promotional exhibits and general shop front presentation.
• Undergoing training classes and ensuring all health and safety procedures were performed to a high standard.
June 2011 - July 2011 Support Staff
Francis Baily Infant School
• Contribution to record of student work and aiding academic progression
• Appointed role of Playground Mediator, to supervise children during breaktimes.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, creative writing lessons for all!
Taking proofreading lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|