It is my aim to make you understand a concept and not merely memorise it. For that to happen it is important that every inhibition of yours about the subject be cleared, and an interest be generated naturally. I explain every concept in layman terms and analogies so as to make you understand and then give you proper scientific terminology for communicating your knowledge efficiently. Can speak English, Hindi, and Urdu fluently.
I have a bachelor’s degree in Microbiology and master’s in Immunology. Biology is my passion, and I’ve been tutoring students since a little more than 3 years now. I stood first in my high school biology, and have a 1:1 degree.
Phone: +(concealed information)86 (concealed information)
MSc University of Glasgow, Immunology and Inflammatory diseases
BSc(H) University of Delhi, Microbiology
HONORS AND AWARDS
Best Student Award
Given by Ram Lal Anand College, University of Delhi for excellent performance in my undergraduate degree.
Dedicated Volunteer Award
Given by National Service Scheme, India in recognition of my social service.
President, Microbiologika Society
At University of Delhi.
University of Delhi, India
12/2015 to 03/2017
Principal Investigator: Dr. Kusum R. Gupta, Associate Professor, University of Delhi
• Studied antimicrobial effect of nanoparticles on MDR bacterial strains isolated from Delhi water.
Central Glass and Ceramics Research Institute, India
2017 to 2018
Principal Investigator: Dr. Prerna Diwan, Associate Professor, University of Delhi
• Studied the response of E.coli and S.aureus to novel bio-glass powders.
University of Glasgow, United Kingdom
Makhija, S. et al “Antimicrobial effect of silver nanoparticles on MDR strains isolated from Delhi region,” Proceedings of 57th Annual Conferences of Association of Microbiologists of India & International Symposium on Microbes and Biosphere: What’s New What’s Next, Nov. 2016, MVM-54.
Poster Presentation: International Symposium on Microbes and Biosphere: What’s New What’s Next
Workshop: Indo-portuguese workshop on Emerging Trends of Nanotechnology in Chemistry and Biology (INCB-2016) organized by Department of Chemistry, Hansraj College and Deshbandhu College, University of Delhi, India in association with CQM, University of Madeira, Portugal held on 12-13th February 2016.
Internship: National Institute of Immunology, New Delhi, India. Worked under Dr. Sandeep Saxena in DNA replication and Cell Cycle Laboratory, performed and learned various advanced techniques.
1. National conference on “Nanoscience- Opportunities and Challenges” organized by the Department of Chemistry, Maitreyi College, University of Delhi on 19-20 February 2016.
2. Wellness India 2017 Expo exhibition and conference.
3. Open Day programme at Translational Health Sciences and Technology Institute,
Member of: British Society of Immunology
National Service Scheme
Social Worker, India, 2016-2018
1.) Secured the highest grade point in the subjects “Microbial diagnosis in health clinics, Information practices, Microbiological Analysis of air and water, Recombinant DNA technology“
2.) Presented the research project’s half yearly report to the reviewing committee.
3.) Secured 2nd position in class in the 4th semester of my course, and 3rd Position in the final semester.
4.) Tutor of Science to High school students.
1. Good time management skills from the project work and academic studies.
2. Eloquent in public speaking platforms. (Stood 3rd in Nation debate competition at
Translational Health Sciences and Technology Institute, India)
3. Trained to deliver under pressure and at fast paced environments due to prior
involvement in research projects.
4. Good leadership skills, work well with team members and seniors.
5. Proficient in analyzing scientific data and also, presenting it.
6. Good data compilation and record maintenance.
7. Good research competence, involves reading of research papers.
8. Great interpersonal skills.
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, genetics lessons for all!
Taking microbiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|