Over the course of a lesson, together with the student we would first go over the homework and recap the things learnt in the previous lesson and then move on to developing understanding in new topics while constantly reinforcing knowledge with exam questions.
I believe that the best way to learn is to tackle challenging questions that stretch a student's understanding becuase it forces them to compile the knowledge they have learnt into a practical scenario rather than just passively hearing it from a teacher and not having to apply it. Therefore, I will no doubt be providing lots of exam-style questions for the student both during the lesson and for homework.
I am currently moving into my second year of studying Electronic and Information Engineering at Imperial College London. I achieved 4A*s at A level and 7A*s with 3As at GCSE.
I began teaching at the Kumon Centre when I was 15 and then moved on to A Level and GCSE students developing a very effective teaching style allowing all students to reach top grades!
Imperial College London (October 2018 – June 2021)
Electronic and Information Engineering BEng Year 1 (First expected 72% current average)
Woodhouse College (September 2016 – June 2018)
4 A*s at A-Level including highest in year group for physics.
The Compton School (September 2011 – June 2016)
7A*s and 3As at GCSE
Maths and English Tutor at Kumon
(September 2016 – June 2018)
• Helping students understand mathematical concepts
• Introducing potential new students and their parents to Kumon
• Marking homework and classwork with students
• Having one on one sessions with parents on student progress
Work Experience at King (makers of Candy Crush)
(June 2017 – July 2017)
• Shadowing various level designers
• Creating a prototype levels
• Sitting in on advertiser relationship meetings
• Brainstorming and coming up with a new type of card based game
Volunteering at East Finchley library
(February 2016 – July 2016)
• Aiding customers with concerns and queries
• Dealing with various members of the community such as MPs and charity campaigners
• Returning books to shelves
• Hosting a reading session with children
• Coca Cola Real Business Challenge 1st place out of 3000 schools. Led the team in creating a smoothie brand and marketing campaign involved presenting to panel of industry professionals
• Guitar Grade 6 distinction
• Gold in Senior Maths Challenge
• Bronze Duke of Edinburgh and National Citizen Service
Interests & Hobbies
• BUCS rugby on a weekly basis
• Algorithmic trading society for which I use my python skills
• Robotics (I have participated in a hackathon through the Imperial robotics society)
• Early stage investing (currently looking at investing in the third crowdfunding round for Freetrade- a start-up which aims to eliminate trading fees in the UK)
I am fluent in both Spanish (spoken and written) and Catalan (spoken). I can also program in C++ and Python.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, chemistry lessons for all!
Taking school science lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|