I truly believe that tutoring plays a significant role in learning and allowing students to achieve the grades they are capable of. Every student studies in a different way and has their own way of learning. I have noticed this by seeing the way i study, compared to my friends and also other students I tutor. Because of that, I try to adapt my teaching style to suit the needs of the student.
The way I believe tutoring should be approached is by active engaging learning. Using past papers and questions to challenge the student as well as engage them by making them teach me what they have learnt. Starting off from the key principles, we can then develop on and solidify the smaller points, and finally, start doing questions which I believe is very effective to allow you to assess how prepared you for your exam.
I try to ask challenging questions to students to make them question specific concepts and this allows them to learn more effectively rather than just memorise things. I do believe it is important to structure the lessons effectively, which means having a brief overview at the beginning, then towards the end, a summary and questions to see whether the student has learnt and made improvements. My lessons are very succinct and well structured and I make sure that every student I tutor is fully equipped for their exams.
Allow me to introduce myself! I am a fourth-year medical student at Imperial College London, with more than a four years experience in tutoring.
I am a dedicated and hardworking person that also likes to have fun. I am involved in multiple activities at university such as being President of the Arabic Society, being involved in Charity work in the Balkans area as well as being on the University rowing team.
At school, I achieved 10 A*'s and 2 A's at GCSE and 3 A* and 2A's in A-level Chemistry, Biology, Maths, Arabic and EPQ. My EPQ was based on anti-angiogenic therapy to treat prostate cancer. I have excelled continuously throughout school and passed my first year of medical school with a Merit (81%).
I am a very studious and motivated individual and love to teach and spread the knowledge on to my tutees. I also speak Arabic and able to teach in Arabic the lessons needed. I have experience going through the medical school application process and I am able to give advice on preparing for the personal statement, interviews, and the entrance exams.
My interest in teaching has grown over the past few years. Since the beginning of secondary school I have been helping fellow students with their homework and trying to excel in my subjects by helping my friends.
I also have had experience as a teaching assistant to a year 7 science class were I particularly focused on students with SEN issues. During the same period, I have been tutoring privately A-level biology and chemistry students for over two years.
PREVIOUS WORK AND VOLUNTEERING:
July – August 2018 Senior Mentor, NCS
• Led a team of 12 young people through the national citizen service program and provided a taught curriculum, provided pastoral care and guidance throughout
• Was involved in teaching classes, organising sessions for up to 70 young people and organising trips
May 2015-2018 Science Tutor, Tutor fair Ltd
• Private tutor for nearly four years now. Helping students pass their A-levels and GCSEs in chemistry, biology and mathematics.
• Have received countless positive feedback from students who have gone onto doing well in their exams.
• Developed key skills including:
o Effective communication skills
o Planning and prioritising
o Multitasking as I had quite a lot of students to manage
2016- 2017 Liaison Officer, Imperial College Aid to the Balkans Charity
• Organised volunteering trips for students to travel to various orphanages in Bulgaria. Trips aimed to provide care and support to orphans and raise awareness.
• Travelled to the orphanages in the summer last year, and established a stronger relationship between the charity and the centres. Currently working on methods to raise money and support further.
2013-2014 Shop Volunteer, Oxfam
• Responsible for handling money, including managing the till and cashing up
• Served and interacted with customers providing excellent customer care. Demonstrated listening and communication ability.
• Approached customers asking if assistance was needed and investigated stock availability showing proactive customer service skills
2013 Al-Dimashqi, Supermarket
• Worked as a shop floor assistant in a supermarket based in Shepherds bush
• Was tasked with keeping the stock full on the shop floor, and make sure any customer needs were met
• Unloaded and co-ordinated deliveries daily of new produce and stock
2011- 2012 Boots, Pharmacy
• Consolidating and replenishing store, where over- or understocking is prevented
• Leading the floor in absence of managers, managing resources without compromising on the level of service to customers
• Ensuring a pleasant experience for customers
2018- 2019 BSc in Cardiovascular science, Imperial College London
2015-2021 MBBS/BSc Medicine, Imperial College London
Awarded merit in the first year. Currently finishing second-year exams.
2013-2015 Burlington Danes Academy, West London
A Levels: Mathematics (A*), Chemistry (A*), Biology (A), Arabic (A), EPQ (A*)
2008-2013 Burlington Danes Academy, West London
GCSE: 12 GCSEs including 10 A*’s and 2 A’s
President, Imperial college Aid to the Balkans society
President, IC Arabic Society
• Lead a committee, and organised talks, socials and mingles throughout the academic year
Events Officer, IC Islamic Society
• Organised talks and conferences for the student population and participated in a very active and engaged student community
Core Skills • Good time-management • Multi-lingual, being fluent in English and Arabic • Problem Solving, even in difficult situations • Numeracy • Advanced IT skills (including Excel and Word) • Accuracy and attention to detail
• Full DBS/CRB Certificate available
• Full UK Driving License
An organised individual who enjoys working competently. Works well under pressure by prioritising tasks, and paying full attention. Him being committed to his task, he can work as part of a group, as well as take his own initiative which makes him an adaptable and easy-going person. He delivers duties in a highly efficient manner, which he has shown in his previous retail experience.
Excellent planning and communication skills combines with a real love for his subjects which shows in his enthusiastic teaching style
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£22||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£20||£250|