My teaching methodology is tailored to each of my students needs and personalities. It is mainly based on a deep understanding of concepts and lots of practicing! Some of my previous students claim I give really useful advice not only on how to solve specific problems but also on stress management and specific exam preparation. I build up the confidence of my students on the Maths and Physics field by making them understand the big picture, so he/she will be able to solve any problem with the use of reasoning and common sense.
I am currently studying second year of Biomedical Engineering at Imperial College London. I have been tutoring for the last 5 years (from primary school to A-Levels, IB and university students).
Having gone through IB and achieving an overall grade of 43/45 (taking Maths HL and Physics HL and with an 'A' in TOK and 'A' in Extended Essay in Physics) I feel more than ready to help any student going through the two last years of Secondary School.
I also have experience working with younger kids (from 7 years onwards) and students with ADHD.
I will try my best to make you achieve any academic goal you set yourself, with a positive and fun learning environment!
Imperial College London, Sept 2018 - present
- Biomedical Engineering MEng
- 1st Class Average in the first year
- Amputee Archery Product Development Project in collaboration with Limb Power
SEK EL CASTILLO INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL, Sept 2010 – MAY 2018
- Average grade of 10 in the Spanish Compulsory Secondary Education (equivalent to IGCSEs)
- IB Diploma with an overall grade of 43. Obtaining 7 in Physics HL, English B HL, Business and Management SL, German SL; 6 in Mathematics HL and Spanish A SL. Obtaining A in Extended Essay (Theremin signal processing and analysis versus its physical characteristics)
- Student Representative for 4 consecutive years
THE SUMBA FOUNDATION, (4-24th August 2019) – ‘The Sumba Foundation’ Volunteering in Sumba
SEKMUN (2013 – 2018) – MUN Model ‘SEKMUN’ Delegate, President of FAO Council and Secretary-General of the model. Speech in the Senate of Spain as Secretary-General.
Oxford study courses, (July 2017) – Physics and Mathematics Course
HARVARD MODELL CONGRESS EUROPE, (21-25th March 2017) – Best Delegate Award in World Health Organization Committee.
Skills & Abilities
- Intermediate skill with MATLAB, C, C++, PSpice and Quartus Lite.
- Great experience with circuit design, soldering and oscilloscope control.
- Considerable skill on metal welding and overall manufacturing.
- Current year (2019-2020) will develop skills in 3D Printing, Laser Cutting, drilling, fabrication and 3D CAD software (Solidworks).
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Hungry for knowledge, and as a consequence hard working.
- Great leadership, teamworking and analytical skills.
- Perform very well under pressure
LANGUAGES: Bilingual in English and Spanish, B1 level in German
- MUN Models and Parliament Congress
- Travelling (visited more than 20 countries)
- Have competed in several sports including Football, Futsal, Tennis, Judo (all of them at regional level)
- Music lover and self-taught guitar player.
- Everyday programming (HackerRank)
Perfect! Filipe is fantastic. We hired him for math tutoring with my 13 year old son, and it went great. My son improved significantly, they got along great, and he even said to me, "Wow, Filipe is a great tutor!" We are planning to continue the lessons remotely as we are no longer in the UK. I can enthusiastically recommend Filipe as a tutor.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest physics lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, algebra lessons for all!
Taking trigonometry lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£20||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£20||£250|