I teach students of all levels in the terminology and awareness needed in the workplace. I get to know students well so that I can tailor lessons to suit individual needs. I encourage student participation as much as possible and have a variety of tasks within my lessons
I am a qualified TEFL teacher and have specialised in Business English. I have also taught ESOL to families in Schools. I offer the practical guide to Business English, including culture and best practice, either 1-2-1 or in small groups.
My first lesson is free. If a lesson is cancelled by a student within 48 hours then the full fee is payable.
I am an all-round professional with an outstanding ability as a strategic thinker. I am an excellent Proofreader who can also edit. I am an eloquent public speaker including writing my own speeches. My management skills with people and time are to a high standard. I also teach ESL and Business English.
Proofreader / ESL Teacher (December 2018 – present0
• Studied and passed Society for Editors and Proofreaders Introduction to Proofreading course
• Studying the Society for Editors and Proofreaders Intermediate examination
• Studied and passed TEFL 140 hours course
• Studying advanced Business English TEFL course
• Contracted by Northamptonshire County Council to deliver ESL, IT and Family Training
Staff Side Secretary/ UNISON Branch Secretary, Northamptonshire County Council, (March 2016 - December 2018)
•Lead negotiator on behalf of the Staff at NCC with Senior Officers and Elected Members on pay, terms & conditions and policies.
• Manager of a team of 7 for all aspects of their work plus 48 direct reports for union work.
• Delivered speeches to audiences from 50 – 6000 mostly writing my own speeches.
• Responsible for an annual budget of around £150k.
• Highly praised for my ability to think strategically. I most enjoy being strategic.
• Nominated for Branch of the Year 2017 for keeping membership high in extreme circumstances. Won Branch of the Year 2018 plus Local Government Branch of the Year and Campaigning Branch of the Year.
• Very effective at time management.
Registrar of Births, Deaths & Marriages/Deputy Superintendent Registrar, Northamptonshire County Council (December 2003 – March 2017)
• Responsible for the timely registration of all life’s events in the district as part of a team whilst working independently and with a keen eye for the legislation and all its complexities.
Payroll Team Leader, Capita (February 2003 – December 2003)
• Responsible for one of the many payroll teams and their timely execution of the payroll.
Senior Payroll Executive, ChevronTexaco (November 2011 – February 2003)
• Managed the senior executive’s payroll and expenses including relocation plus adding them to the accounting system as confidentiality was paramount.
BA (Hons) 2:1, Law, Politics & Philosophy, University of Leicester (September 1992 – June 1995)
TEFL 140 Hours February 2019
SfEP Proofreading January 2019
A Levels (September 1978 – June 1980)
Ursuline High School, Ilford
Classical Civilisation - A
English Literature - B
Religious Studies - D
O Levels (September 1973 – June 1978)
Ursuline High School, Ilford
9 O’levels, graded A - C, including Maths, English and Science
• Proofreading, Linguistics, Editing, Language Teaching, Copy Editing, Writing, Teaching, Literature, Teaching English as a Second Language
• I have written a weekly blog for UNISON. I have served for 4 years on UNISON’s National Women’s Committee where we put into place or direct policy for all the motions agreed at the National Conference. Edited and produced the Women’s news-sheet on a daily basis at the National Delegate Conference for UNISON.
• My extensive training includes GDPR, Team Management, Mentoring, Data Management, Equality & Diversity, Pensions, Proofreading & TEFL
• I am fully conversant with IT including Microsoft Office, Adobe Software and Apple programmes.
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral expression - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|