My teaching method will primarily be class discussion based. I will tailor my classes to the level of my students but will expect pre-reading and preparation to be done in order to gain as much as possible from the classes.
Having read law at the University of Hull and achieved a First class degree I moved on to post-graduate study, completing the BPTC LLM and obtaining pupillage to commence September 2021. I am therefore looking to assist law students in their studies before embarking on the next part of my career.
Matthew Ryan Moore-Taylor
5 Grange View, Balby, Doncaster, South Yorkshire, DN4 0XL
(concealed information)5 – (concealed information)
As a recent BPTC LLM graduate who has already secured pupillage to begin in September 2021 I am looking for temporary or fixed-term work to increase my practical experience before beginning the next chapter of my legal career.
2019 – 2020 The University of Law, Leeds, BPTC (Very Competent), LLM (Distinction)
2016 – 2019 The University of Hull, 1st class (Hons)
2009 – 2016 Balby Carr Community Sports and & Science
A levels: Law (A) History (A) Psychology (B)
GCSEs: 2 As including English Language and Spanish,
7 Bs including Maths and Sciences and 3 Cs
Awarded prize for highest attainment in A level Law
Select Legal Experience
2019 – 2020 Student Legal Advisor – University of Law Legal Advice Centre
- Holding conference with clients
- Maintaining contact with clients via telephone/email
- Researching legal issues
- Drafting letters of advice
2019 - 2020 Yorkshire Tribunal and Advocacy Project
As a volunteer McKenzie friend my responsibilities included:
- Making and maintaining contact with clients
- Researching their issues and assisting them to prepare their case
- Accompanying them to their tribunal and speaking on their behalf with success when permitted
Dec 2019 Parklane Plowden Chambers
Dedicated family law mini pupillage with Neil Allerton in the family courts in Leeds at Sheffield
Nov 2019 Her Majesty’s Courts and Tribunal Service
Marshal to HHJ Sarah Lynch in the Family Court in Leeds:
- Accompanying Her Honour in court
- Researching legal issues for upcoming cases in front of Her Honour
Oct 2019 Spire Barristers
Specialist family law mini pupillage following both James Goodwin and David Phillips in Hull and Grimsby Family Courts. My responsibilities included;
- Keeping notes for counsel
- Accompanying counsel in conference and in court
- Assisting in the drafting of orders
- Undertaking research for counsel I was with as well as other members of chambers
Aug 2019 East Riding of Yorkshire Council Legal Services Department
Legal internship within a busy Local Authority legal department, specifically in the Children and Community Services department (Family Law).
- Accompanying counsel to court in order to take their notes and to assist in conference
- Attending conferences with counsel and PLO meetings with solicitors and social workers
- Drafting applications for Court Orders
- Redaction, bundle preparation and other office-based tasks
- Legal research concerning immigration and Court of Protection matters
- Creating practice notes for social workers
- General office-based duties such as taking calls, filing and instructing experts
May 2019 Wilberforce Chambers
Criminal law mini pupillage shadowing Richard Thompson and Steven Garth in the Crown Court at Hull.
Sep 2018 - Student Legal Advisor – University of Hull Legal Advice Centre
Jul 2019 Responsibilities mirror that of the legal advisor role already noted (above) although meeting with clients was more frequent and allowed me to advise on both public and private law child matters as well as criminal law, contract and probate matters.
Oct 2015 – H. Samuel The Jewellers – Sales Associate
Sept 2020 - Customer-facing and focused
- Responsibility for internal audits
Public Speaking Experience
Senior Mooter, The Honourable Society of Gray’s Inn
StreetLaw, The University of Law: Delivered a presentation on employment statuses and rights.
Responsibilities, Interests and Achievements
- Winner – Parklane Plowden Family Law Moot – February 2020
- Semi-finalist – Gray’s Inn Moot.
- National finalist – February 2019
- University of Hull – Winner May 2018
- Winner, University of Law 2020
- Regional Finalist – February 2020
Course Representative for Law
University of Hull – 2016 – 2019
Highest Grades: for Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice, University of Hull (2018)
- Employment law Essay, University of Hull (2019)
Winner – Essay Writing Competition
- University of Hull – Law Society (2017)
Available on request.
Perfect! Really helpful on civil opinion writing, generous with his time and knowledge. Highly recommend!
criminal law lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest civil law lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, law general lessons for all!
Taking bar professional training course lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|