- Hourly rate £40
- Response Time 5h
- Number of students 11
1st lesson free!
International concert pianist, Royal College of Music graduate, offering piano lessons to students from beginner to conservatory level
- By webcam
Alis is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
I believe in 1% talent, 99% hard work — everyone can play the piano as long as they work for it. My goal is to create in my students a solid foundation in musicality, technique, and culture, and most of all in discipline so that whether they take my lessons for a few months or a few years, they are left with tools that will allow them to learn with much more ease on their own. So whether your goal is to simply have fun, or to do a certain exam level, or even competitions, I believe that together, we can achieve concrete results.
A big part of my teaching is also to know my students on a personal level. What I love about teaching is that every single one of my students is so different from each other, and provide me with such unique perspectives. In a way, I learn as much from my students as they learn from me, and a sort of symbiotic relationship is formed. By establishing a good relationship with the student in which trust is an essential element, we can work more effectively towards our goals.
- All Levels
Hello, my name is Alis An, Canadian award-winning international concert pianist with three degrees from top-ranking institutions with 10 years of teaching experience, offering lessons to individuals who are enthusiastic and serious about learning, regardless of their age and level.
- I have guided, with a 100% pass rate, students through both Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM) as well as Royal Conservatory of Music (RCM) exams
- I hold the following three degrees: Bachelor of Music from McGill University (No. 1 University in Canada, QS World University Rankings 2016-2017); Master of Performance and Artist Diploma in Performance from Royal College of Music London (No. 1 in Performing Arts in UK and Europe, QS World University Rankings 2017, 2018, 2020, 2021)
- I speak fluently English, French, and Chinese, and offer my lessons in these languages. I also speak basic German (B1 level) and am learning Italian.
Perfect! Alis is such a lovely girl full of passion and very patient .Thank you for being such an amazing person.I highly recommented Alis to be your piano tutor.
- Alis's response : Bohan is a very good kid, who is receptive to my ideas and proposals and responsive even when I ask him to do something unexpected or uncomfortable. He was attentive during the whole lesson which is a very good quality. I look forward to developing a good teacher-student relationship, for him to feel more relaxed during lesson, and to help him build a solid foundation in piano playing in all areas of musicianship.
Perfect! Alis is a great teacher, she always motivates me to do better and try harder pieces, and has great suggestions on how to take a piece from good to great. She knows when to encourage me and when to scold me because I'm ignoring things like slurs She can also speak a bit of Italian, which is useful to understand dynamics. See you on the next lesson Alis!
- Alis's response : Veronica, you did very well by yourself this whole time without a teacher and I am very impressed by your independence and dedication. You even use the metronome willingly, which is rare for students. I would be happy to continue building for you a solid foundation for piano playing- if you keep it up, you will go far.
View more reviews
Alis is a great piano tutor, very kind, patient and encouraging.
In the session, she provides clarification when needed, provides very clear instructions, addresses issues effectively and efficiently to make sure mistakes corrected properly, helps to develop learning plan according to the progress made. I highly recommend Alis, she has the teaching expertise and enthusiasm for the art of music.
She is very patient with low level student, and teaching us very creatively, that I am enjoy playing piano with her. Also she taught us basic tips to relax our posture and play piano more lovely.
I would recommend Alis as a trustworthy piano tutor since she is very nice, patient, and professional. I learned a lot from her comments and advices.
Alis is such a good piano teacher that she not only teaches you musica theory and skill but also encourage you to keep practicing to your next level
Alis is very knowledgeable and patient. And very nice! A great tutor!
She is so kind to teach our group age around 50 plus. She is so patient and the skills she shows us so much useful.
Alis is loving, patient, and very professional, she is also hard working and thinks what’s best for the one being taught. Her study and training experience is also a great benefit to give her insight to teach others.
My daughter has been learning with Alis for almost a year now, Charlotte improved a lot. She couldn’t do sight reading much till now she almost finished grade 4. Alis is very patient and very kind too. As a professional pianist, her skills are the best! I recommended her to few friends they all have high opinions on her too. We are very lucky to be her student.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £200
- 10h: £400