I am a fun-loving English teacher for KS3, teaching English as a second language and pronunciation improvement teacher. I teach a structured lesson with practical outings to use the knowledge and I enjoy challenging my students to practice what they have learnt.
Have been tutoring on and off for the last 7 years, during this time I have tutored 4 people who have all passed the GCSE's in English and English Level 1 for Sixth Form with top marks. I am a native speaker.
For a further distance, half the cost of travel may be required and cancellation available up to 2 hours before lesson begins at no extra charge.
Mobile: +(concealed information)61
O V E R V I E W
Experienced and articulate Communications, English and French teacher with relationship-building and leadership skills. Broad industry experience having worked in business, government agencies as well as the private sector.
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Computer Literacy
• Bilingual English/French, intermediate Spanish
• Refugee Rights Legal training
• In Depth Research Abilities
• International Field Experience
• Proven time management skills
ACCOPLISHMENTS & EDUCATION
• BA International Relations from University of Leicester
• MA International Law at King’s College London
• Teaching a Spanish family to speak English to pass Level 1 beginners English integration course
• Regular contributor to the Huffington Post
• Set up a United Nations online Campaign that reached over 16,000,000 people
Hillsong London Kids Leader (May 2012 - present)
• Teaching English as a second language to kids and families arriving in the UK
• Providing technical assistance to families in language support
• Writing letters of recommendations to school and governments on placing of families
Private English Tutor (September 2010 – May 2012)
• Tutored a young family in English to pass UK passport exams
• Brought cultural context to their learning
• Practical learning visiting heritage site
Private English Tutor (September 2009 – September 2010)
• Tutored a Spanish family over the course of summer
• I created a customised plan for each member of the family
• Structured class room based learning in the morning and British touristic attractions in the afternoon, family passed English beginners level 1 test
All my teaching experience was accumulated via weekend, part-time and casual work, in my full time career, I have had experience in financial institutions and have held a number of positions in the United Nations and collaborating institutions all over the world, I have a passion for teaching and enjoy helping people learn.
DBS & REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, vocabulary - english lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£25||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||£75||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||£10||£200|