I teach photography to all levels of student in practical ways making it easy to understand and then utilize the basic and more advanced concepts of photography and lighting. I tailor my lessons to each individuals experience, needs and pace.
I'm a fashion photographer with 20 years of industry experience who has taught many photo assistants throughout my career. I have worked across the world producing imagery for Elle and Marie Claire. Many of my assistants are now practising photographers.
20+ years of international experience in the photographic industry. 10+ years of advertising and editorial experience including 5+ years in e-commerce. Specialist in fashion and beauty as well as still-life photography. Art director, creative director and producer for still and moving shoots.
After assisting Mert & Marcus in London and Tom Munro in New York, has created imagery across the world for clients such as Daks, Dune and marie Claire and Elle Magazine.
• Studio / Location Photography & Lighting • Art Direction & Creative Direction
• Brand Identity Compliance & Style guides • Directing Moving Image
• Brand Promotion & Customer Engagement • Photographic Production
• Team Building & Leadership • Retouching & Post Production
• Digital Marketing & Promotion • Productivity Enhancement
Professional Fashion Photographer, 2008 – Present
• Produces high quality images for international editorial and advertising clients, including Elle, Marie Claire Armani Exchange, Dune, Daks, George, Monsoon and Accessorize.
• Art directs stills and film shoots, designs mood boards, brand guidelines and style guides.
• Creates domestic and international photoshoots, including model casting, sourcing locations, permits, booking, hair and make-up, budgeting, fee negotiation, shoot scheduling, travel and accommodation as well as coordinating asset delivery timelines.
• Executes shoots world-wide including New York, Milan, Dubai and Verbier.
• Retouches all editorial imagery, works in collaboration with external agencies for advertising imagery.
• Handled digital production and asset management, maintaining 10+ years of digital asset back-ups.
• Effectively manages and coordinates creative teams of up to 10 people.
• Trains junior assistants and interns ensuring individual / team career progression.
• Manages multiple social media accounts to optimise organic growth and brand awareness.
• Designed, built and maintained professional photographic website: (concealed information)
E-commerce Fashion Photographer, 2013 – Present
• Produces high quality e-commerce and online editorial imagery for several high-profile high street fashion brands including, Amazon, Asos, Burberry, Coast, Harrods, Karen Millen, Warehouse and New Look.
• Works on model, mannequin and table top (product, jewellery, homeware) shoots.
• Consistently meets shoot targets whilst adhering to brand guidelines and style guides.
• Uses Capture One to accurately colour grade and process all imagery, utilizing brand file naming conventions, software and file management systems.
• Produced new lighting guidelines and shoot protocols for Coast Stores, improving workflow and post production efficiency. Also managed digital asset naming and filing.
First Assistant to Tom Munro – New York, 2002 – 2004
• Successfully produced big budget editorial and advertising shoots in various countries including North America, France, Italy, Spain, Portugal, UK, Morocco, Mexico, Brazil, Bahamas and Hawaii.
Clients included Italian Vogue, French Vogue, British Vogue, Japanese Vogue, American Vogue.
First Assistant to Mert and Marcus – London, 2000 – 2002
• Produced big budget editorial and advertising shoots for high end fashion clients.
Freelance Assistant - London/New York
• Assistant to Nick Knight, Horst Diekegardes, Albert Watson, Solve Sundsbo, Corinne Day, Michel Comte, Luis Sanchez, Chris Craymer, Craig McDean, David LaChapelle, Pamela Hanson, Jenny Cage and Tom Betterton, Matt Jones and Vanina Sorrenti.
• Accountable for production of editorial and advertising shoots in various countries including North America, UK, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, Brazil, Bahamas, Malaysia and Hawaii.
BA (Hons) Degree in Photography, level 2:2, Swansea Institute of Higher Education, Swansea, South Wales
Capture One, Adobe: Photoshop, Lightroom, Bridge, InDesign, Acrobat, MS Word, Excel; Mac OSX, Windows 10
photography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest digital photography lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, portrait photography lessons for all!
Taking fashion photography lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|