As an active & experienced professional singer & teacher, I'm well placed to teach singers of all abilities.
"Jamie is very skilled, patient and motivating. Lessons are pleasant, informative & fun. I have very much enjoyed working with him."
Learning to sing should be informative, energising and lots of FUN!
Each pupil will be treated with patience, friendliness and respect. Lessons will consist of technique, style, interpretation and pronunciation. Everyone has an individual and unique voice. Together, we will unlock your full potential.
After my lessons, I hope you will go away with a spring in your step and a song in your heart, giving you more self-motivation, self-discipline, confidence and self-expression.
Jamie is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
- An experienced performer, having sung for some of the leading opera companies in the UK and Ireland including, English National Opera, Opera North, English Touring Opera, Buxton Festival Opera, Wexford Festival Opera, Opéra de Limoges and Opéra National de Bordeaux.
- Dedicated teacher and vocal coach of 15 years experience with a great understanding of solid vocal technique, having studied and worked with some of the leading teachers, singers and conductors in the UK and across Europe.
- An extensive knowledge of repertoire for students of all ages and abilities. Experience at all levels of the ABRSM, Trinity Guildhall and Musical Theatre exam syllabi.
- Pupils have performed on the West End, in Hollywood movies, at the Royal Opera House, or gone on to study at Kings College, Cambridge, Westminster Abbey and Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance, as well as many other amateurs and semi-professionals following their dreams by joining choirs, passing exams or setting up bands.
• MA (Royal Academy of Music, London) & MMUS Opera (Royal Conservatoire of Scotland)
• BA in Music Performance (Royal Irish Academy of Music)
• Advanced DBS Certificate (formerly CRB)
Jamie has taught my daughters singing for many years through their school and he is a wonderful teacher. Not only because of his expertise but because he has built their technique and nurtured their confidence. We would highly recommend Jamie.
I've known Jamie for a long time, and have studied and performed with him on many occasions. He is a fantastic teacher, full of enthusiasm, experience and ideas, both technical and general. I can't recommend him highly enough!
Jamie is an experienced teacher with an excellent insight into singing technique and vocal repertoire. I can fully recommend him to singing students of all levels and abilities.
Jamie has been marvellous in helping me prepare for the aural and sight-singing components of my ABRSM singing exams. Without his input I wouldn't have achieved the high scores that I was awarded for the aural and sight-singing parts of the Grade 6 exam I did recently. Jamie also gave insight and support on the repertoire that I was working on with a different teacher, and this was invaluable in enriching my interpretation and performance of these songs for my exam. As a seasoned performer, Jamie has been able to understand and to help me manage the performance anxiety that haunts me, and his knowledge of and about music is inspiring. Jamie's approach to teaching is pragmatic, systematic, and insightful and his kindly and unconfrontational manner has enabled me to explore my musicality with increasing confidence.
Jamie is a skilled and super-professional singing teacher who really takes the time to lay the foundations for you so that you can make leaps and bounds with your tone, range and voice control. Highly recommend working with him.
Jamie has been teaching my son, who is now 15, singing for more than 4 years and is truly excellent. He is obviously a super talented classical singer himself, but he understands that children may have different musical interests and adapts accordingly, whilst subtly making them explore and expand their musical knowledge. Jamie has a lot of patience and obviously a gift for teaching, and my son's singing has developed hugely over the years. I cannot recommend him highly enough recommend.
Jamie is a fantastic tutor, really knowledgeable and enthusiastic but also caring for his students. He tailors his lessons to the standards and needs of students and is very encouraging.
I've enjoyed immensely working with Jamie and can feel a noticeable improvement in my singing.
Not wishing to sound like a soap powder commercial, but Jamie gets great results in super quick time. Convinced I was an alto, he had me singing miles above where I thought I could in the very first lesson. Try it and see if you can see the difference...
Jamie is very skilled, patient and motivating. Lessons are pleasant, interesting and fun. I have very much enjoyed working with him this year and look forward to making good progress in the new academic year.
musical theatre lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£35|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£175|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£350|