As mentioned above, my teaching method varies according to the student’s needs and objectives. In general, the first session would be focused on discussing personal goals and aims in order to understand what the best approach is. Each class will revolve a main topic (speaking, oral comprehension, written comprehension and grammar). My primary objective is for people to be comfortable communicating and giving language students the opportunity of getting out of their comfort zone and practicing their conversational skills with a native speaker.
I am a chemistry student at the University of Manchester looking for opportunities to share my native language! I have tutored several students in the past years on a variety of subjects (mathematics, Italian and Latin), one of my biggest achievements was helping a German student progressing from an average grade 4 (sufficient) to 2 (good) in mathematics. My method is tailored on the student’s needs, I understand what studying foreign languages mean as I am fluent in Italian, English and German and focus on speaking as well as the technical features of the language (grammar and comprehension).
2017-2020 The University of Manchester
Mchem in Chemistry with Medicinal Chemistry
The constant exposure to research and practical work aims to develop creativity and problem-solving skills as well as consolidating and applying the chemistry covered in lectures.
2015-2017 International Baccalaureate/ International School of Hamburg
Relevant Work Experience
Oct 2016-June 2017 Pediatric Practice Dr. Said June 2017
• In charge of calculating percentile curves for children and running basic tests such as Strep and Urine pH Level Tests.
• Direct contact with German and non-German families, especially where English or Italian skills were required.
• Essential experience to improve German skills and communication skills.
Sep 2016-June 2018 Tutoring Activities
Latin and Mathematics
• Taught Latin in German in order to help a 6th grader whom had just transferred to a German gymnasium and was struggling with the new subject, especially the grammatical side of it.
• Tutored in Mathematics several students using German as well as English skills.
Positions of Responsibility and Achievements
2019/2020 Chair of the Manchester University Barbershop Society, MUBS
• Essential for the development of the leadership skills required to manage three distinct choruses.
• Helped organizing successful performances at the Royal Northern College of Music and Chapter one Bookshop/café.
• Currently working of preparing the choruses for several competitions and conventions
She's amazing! I really recommend her. Italian is a very complex language, with a lot of grammatical rules and a particular pronunciation, but Caterina is very patient and simplifies a lot the concept while explaining. Bravissima!
italian lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - italian lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - italian lessons for all!
Taking written comprehension - italian lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£18||Not available||£18|
|5 hours||£81||Not available||£90|
|10 hours||£160||Not available||£180|