I provide individually tailored Italian language lessons for one-to-one and small groups at any level.
Beginners' courses typically start with absolute basics, before moving on to structures and topics that will be the most useful for the student.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach Italian language.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
• Certificate in Italian Language Teaching to Adults (CLTA), International House London.
• Degree in Cultural Heritage specialisation in Underwater Archaeology, UniversitÃ degli Studi di Sassari (Italy).
• Degree in Arts: specialisation in the Classics and Archaeology, UniversitÃ degli studi di Cagliari (Italy).
• Certificate in Library assistant, A.N.A.P. Sardegna (Italy)
• Guide in museums and archaeology, historic and monumental sites, I.F.O.L.D. (Italy)
- How much do you charge?
- Hourly rate: £40 (individuals) for Richmond and surrounding areas, £45/50 for other areas; £60 for two people, £80 for three people.
- Discounts: 5% for 5 hrs purchased in advance
- Cancellations: 0% charge for notification > 24 hrs before, or if appointment movable within calendar week, 100% otherwise.
- Where do you teach?
I do my lessons in cafes or other public places and I also go to the student's home.
- When are you available?
I am available all day, every day.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach general Italian language, Italian culture, society and business for adults. I prepare students for GCSE and A-level exams and I also introduce Italian to children.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I do online lessons in Italian.
- What kind of experience do you have?
As a private teacher, I developed a very good understanding of teaching students both one-to-one and in groups. Working as a Visiting Lecturer in Italian at Regent's University, London gave me the opportunity to begin to obtain the skills for working in a university environment.
In addition to my teaching and librarian experiences, I also worked as a Visitor Assistant Volunteer at Greenwich Foundation Old Royal Naval College for six months. I ensured all visitors had a warm welcome and the best possible experience at the ORNC.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I do not have a DBS Certificate.
I’ve been having italian lessons with Valentina for the past 9 months and I can honestly say that my confidence in understanding and speaking in class has improved 100%.
Valentina makes learning a relaxing activity and she’s fun to talk to!
I definitely recommend her classes if you, like me, loves languages and wants to broad your horizons.
italian lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|