I am a very hands-on teacher and enjoy teaching younger students. I love watching young people learn and find what they excel in.
I am a recent university graduate who has been teaching a young boy in NYC for the past three years. I have helped him mainly with Maths and English and he has received honours at school for the past three semesters.
BPP University London, UK
LLM [Law Conversion]
Columbia College, Columbia University New York, NY
GPA – 3.52
St Mary’s School Ascot, UK
A Level: A* (Economics), A* (English Literature), A* (Spanish), B (Maths)
AS Level: A (Economics), A (English Literature), A (Spanish), B (Maths), A (French)
GCSE: 11 A* (Physics), (Chemistry), (Biology), (Maths), (English Literature), (English Language), (Italian), (French), (Spanish), (Religious Studies), (Photography)
Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP and Affiliates, London, UK (Intern) June-July 2018
• Two-week Vacation Placement during which I sat in Litigation and Corporate M&A seats. Carried out market research to create a final report for my M&A supervisor, assisted in research for a pro bono case, and worked on and executed a group business strategy task presented in front of partners and senior associates.
The Boston Consulting Group, Madrid (Visiting Associate) June-July 2017
• Assigned to the Oil & Gas team working on a refinery optimisation project for an energy company. Concurrently assisted the trading team with analysing and developing an inventory management strategy for another energy firm.
The Boston Consulting Group, Lisbon (Visiting Associate) June-July 2016
• Assigned to a team working for an insurance client, worked alongside a consultant on researching, analysing and developing a strategy and the implementation module for a distribution channel optimisation project. Participated in client meetings to present the team's recommendations.
Global Sage, New York (Research Intern) May-June 2016
• Worked on an assignment gathering and structuring market research for a major hedge fund seeking to hire a seasoned structured products executive. Compiled the research of all structured product professionals from both small and large asset managers into clean and concise spreadsheets. Sat in on potential candidate interviews to take notes.
Allen & Overy, Madrid (Work Experience Intern) July 2013
• Week-long work experience with a thorough introductory briefing of the firm, sat in on a client/lawyer meeting, studied a contract in depth with a Junior Associate, performed research tasks for lawyers.
Skills, Interests & Activities
Columbia University Dean’s List, Spring 2016, Fall 2016, Spring 2017, Fall 2018
UK Junior Maths Challenge Silver & Bronze Awards
UK Intermediate Maths Challenge Bronze Award
Head of House, St Mary’s
House Public Speaking Captain, St Mary’s
Columbia University Consulting Club, Executive Board Member and Senior Consultant in the Columbia Consulting Group (CCG) that organises educational campus events and undertakes pro-bono consulting projects for local businesses
One-to-One Tutoring New York, weekly tutoring of an elementary school boy for an hour-and-a-half session focusing on improving his Maths, reading skills, and developing effective study habits (2015-18)
Gigi’s Playhouse New York, weekly Sunday volunteer that organized Spanish ‘parties’ consisting of games and dancing for children with Down-Syndrome (2014-15)
Spanish (Native); English (Native); French (Adv. Intermediate), Portuguese (Intermediate), German (Basic)
Reading, Yoga, Writing, Crossword puzzles, Cooking, Trivia, Skiing
english literature lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 13 plus lessons for all!
Taking school entrance exams lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|