I am a multi instrumentalist, teacher and session drummer.
I have uploaded my CV
and some Youtube video showing my abilities.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Drumtech Master Performance Graduate
- How much do you charge?
First lesson half price.
Eary Years learning are £10 per child, and I can take up to ten children at a time for this price.
Under 3's are £5 as once parent per child are expected to stay.
Group lessons gain a discount - if booked and paid for in advance.
Recordings of lessons or Band songs from a group lesson is charged £5 per CD.
Crash courses start at £80 for five 1hour lessons during one week. (20% off)
15hour crash course over 5 days 3hour sessions during one week - £250 (20% off)
If i travel to you, travel expenses will equal £10 extra - unless otherwise stated.
Student discount available.
All these prices are based on my base rate as of JULY 2011.
- Where do you teach?
I teach at a private studio in Nazeing, near Harlow, Broxbourne, Hoddesdon, Waltham Abbey and Epping.
I am happy to teach at your home.
I will travel to surrounding areas, including
Bishops Stortford, Hertfordshire, London, Loughton, Chelmsford, Hertford, and Waltham Cross, Nazeing, Harlow, Essex, Broxbourne, Hoddesdon, Waltham Abbey and Epping.
- When are you available?
I am available at most times and can be available most days. I am currently fully booked on Saturdays from 11am till 6pm.
Please check with me in case I have some free time on Saturdays due to pupils holidays.
At school holidays (half term and summer) I teach crash courses of 1hour - 3hours a day over 5days.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
Rock School and Trinity Grades available.
GCSE and A Level.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am at the moment arranging a free (10 minutes) and paid (30minutes) Teaching Pod Cast which will be available via iTunes.
The free (10 mintues) lessons will be available on YouTube as well.
- What kind of experience do you have?
West End Performance
• We Will Rock You (January 2010)
Live and Studio Sessions
Played with various studios, references on request.
Worked With: From Jim Clarke, Grace, Jasmin Ava Band, John Wheatcroft, Simon Horn, Andrew McKinney, Session Members of London Soul, Eric Clapton, Jimmy Page, The Subways, Robert Plant, Jamiroquai, James Blunt, David Arnold-grammy award winning composer (James Bond, Independence day)
2004-current Private tutor, London and Essex
• Helping the student to come to an understanding of concepts with which they are struggling
• Identifying the cause of difficulties in order to address them
• Finding new and creative ways to teach concepts effectively
• Preparing lesson plans in order to have a clear aim for each session
• Being flexible when material is understood at a different rate from that expected
• Traditional and matched grip techniques taught
• Taught Funk, Metal, Jazz, Reggae, Latin, Blues, RnB, DnB, Hip Hop, from real experience
• Peripatetic and home based
• Taught from an aural position and a reading/classical position.
• Taught Trinity and Rock School Grades 1 to 8: drum kit, snare drum and percussion grades
• Successful previous students include members of signed bands: Shrag, the Subways
• Staff drum tutor at liberty hall studios, New Barnet
2006-2007 Rock school tutor, The Square, Harlow, Essex
• Taught in a workshop environment to groups of children aged from, 11 – 15
• 9 students in each group
• Students would be placed in a band setting with other instrumental students aiming towards a performance at the end of week
• Gained good skills in group tuition and communicating with teenagers!
• Also taught hand percussion and mentored groups at later stage
2005-2007 School workshop leader, Essex
• Voluntary program, organised by myself
• During an extended assembly I arranged all the instruments I can teach: Guitar, drums, bass, piano and students were encouraged to gather near the ones they wanted to learn
• We then formed ensembles, bearing in mind ethnic and gender diversity, and worked on composing simple pieces for performance
2007 Piano restorer and tuner, Thornhill Pianos, Islington, London
• Studied piano restoration intensively
• Repairs and maintenance for the company on instruments in top London studios
• Also learnt during this period to repair guitars and drums to a professional standard
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
electric guitar lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|