- Hourly rate £30
- Response Time 24h
Unfortunately, this tutor is unavailable
Jennie - Helensburgh - Composition
- at their home
- at your home
About the lesson
Cello lessons for cellists of all ages and abilities. Lessons set at your pace. Flexible lesson times and duration are also available.
Consultation lesson offered.
One off lessons, school holiday lessons and extra tuition all available.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
All ages and abilities for:
• Practise Supervision
• Beginner Piano
**One off 'school holiday' lessons are available. No obligation to carry on during term time**
- Tell me about your qualifications.
• Masters with Distinction from Royal Academy of Music in 2010
I was awarded both the Rhoda Butt Prize and Joyce Ann Beckett Award for Performance in 2010.
• BMus from the Royal Northern College of Music in 2008 studying with Jenny Curtis.
• LRAM teaching qualification from the Royal Academy of Music in 2009.
- How much do you charge?
• Cello - £30 - 60 minute, £20 - 30 minute.
• Theory - £30 per hour.
• Beginner Piano up to Grade 4/5 - £30 per hour
• Practise Supervision - £30 per hour.
Teaching will be from my home, or can be from students homes if it is logistically possible.
* I offer a 30 minute consultation lesson, enabling you to decide if I am the correct cello teacher for your needs.
- Where do you teach?
I teach from my home in Helensburgh. Tuition at students home is a possibility.
Evening lessons are very popular with my adult students but I do aim to give my students a lesson every week if they desire.
I am available during school holidays for catch up lessons, or students wanting to have a few lessons to keep their talent 'ticking over'.
- When are you available?
• I am available to teach lessons Monday - Friday, any time of the day. Some Saturdays are available.
• I aim to keep lessons convenient for the student and can be flexible with times.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
• I currently teach students aged 4 to 60. They vary in standard with my newest beginner being 58 years old.
• I am experienced with teaching adults of all abilities.
• I am experienced teaching 'Early Years' cello to under 8s and have a very high standard of students in this age bracket.
• I am experienced teaching students with Dyslexia.
• Many of my students learn just for fun, with no desire to take ABRSM exams or apply for a music conservatoire.
• 100% ABRSM Exam pass rate.
If you would like to learn the cello with no added pressure, then I may be the teacher for you!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- ABRSM Grade exams 1-8.
- School/conservatoire entry
** Exams are not for everyone and I would never push students into taking exams.
- All Levels
- What kind of experience do you have?
• As a freelance professional musician in London I played with many of the top London Orchestras with experience in Classical orchestral, Large scale Pop Tours, Musical Theatre as well as corporate functions and events.
• I have been teaching for 10 years and come from a family of school teachers. Over the years I have taught individual lessons, group lessons, Wider Opportunity Lessons on Cello, Violin and Viola.
• I teach at Private Schools, State schools, Special Needs schools, Saturday Music schools including chamber music coaching and orchestral sectionals.
• I am very keen on Music Education projects and have been involved with English Touring Opera and the National Portrait Gallery in their education days, the Halle Orchestra working with Steve Pickett, and have also run my own residential Summer School in Manchester for 16 year old children from many social backgrounds.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes. My CRB is up to date and can be presented to any student that would like to see it.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Royal Academy of Music with David Smith (Alberni Quartet).
- Royal Northern College of Music with Jenny Curtis.
I have also received masterclasses and lessons from many of Londons top Cellists.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
BBC Symphony Orchestra, BBC National Orchestra of Wales. Musicians Union
- 5h: £150
- 10h: £300