- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach all subjects at KS1 and KS2 and English and History at KS3 and KS4.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I am a qualified teacher. I have been a primary teacher all my working life. From 1996 - 2007 I was a headteacher and I have been a successful home-tutor since then.
- How much do you charge?
My basic hourly charge is £20. If the student lives more than 15 miles away from me, I may charge a little fuel money.
- Where do you teach?
I live in Stourton, BA12 6PY and I am prepared to travel 20 miles outside this area. I teach at the student's home or my own.
- When are you available?
I teach after school, weekends and during school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach all subjects at KS1 and KS2 and English and History at KS3/4.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
I find out about you as an individual learner and I discover your strengths. I build on what you do best and I prepare and develop materials that will help you to improve in the areas of learning which need improvement.I know what I am doing and failure is not in my vocabulary!
- What kind of experience do you have?
Since qualifying in 1973, I have taught in primary schools in a variety of social settings. I have also been a headteacher in 3 schools.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have a current CRB disclosure certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at Shoreditch College of Education, now called Brunel University.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am a memeber of the NAHT.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have had 2 GCSE pupils studying English and a KS3 pupil studying English. I have had a student in Year 1 and her brother in pre-school. I have had 5 Year 6 students preparing for SATs and a Year 2 student prepaing for SATs. I am also teaching 2 Year 5 pupils.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|