I graduated from the Royal College of Music in 2006 and have since been pursuing a successful and varied career as a pianist, trombonist & composer/songwriter. As a teacher, I am enthusiastic and truly believe that learning music should be fun!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Piano (classical, jazz, pop/rock)
Trombone (classical, jazz)
- Tell me about your qualifications.
2006: BMus (Hons) from the Royal College of Music
1999: Grade 8 Distinction Piano & Shiela Mossman Prize for highest Grade 8 Piano mark in the country
1998: Grade 8 Distinction Trombone
- How much do you charge?
1 hour @ £30
45 minutes @ £22.50
Please note, an extra £5 will be added if I teach at your home.
- Where do you teach?
I teach mainly in my home studio, with a full sized weighted keyboard, but can travel to student's homes in the North London area. I'm based near Highgate, so can travel to central London quite easily and also to areas such as Hampstead, Tufnell Park, Archway, Finchley and many more.
- When are you available?
As freelance musician, my schedule is very flexible.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages from 6-106
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
ABRSM exams, both jazz and classical
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I can teach online via Skype. If this is your preference, you will need a keyboard/piano, webcam and good speakers.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have over 10 years of experience as a professional musician, playing jazz piano for events, keyboards and trombone in function bands and working as a composer and songwriter on my own projects, along with commissions for other people. Alongside my performing and writing commitments, I take great pride in passing my own knowledge and experience on to other people as a teacher.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Where and with whom did you train?
I trained at the Royal College of Music, studying trombone with Peter Bassano, Byron Fulcher and Richard Edwards.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
• BMus(Hons) from Royal College of Music
• Musician's Union
music production lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|