I have an informal teaching style given my background in mental health education. My classes tend to be between 1-3 hours. I let the student dictate what they personally struggle with and find what method of teaching works for them
I have been tutoring since graduating from secondary school four years ago, teaching over twenty students aged between seven and eighteen. Each has gone on to excel in exams and continue to stay in touch whilst I study. I have also combined different subjects in one class if they are applicable and often utilize videos and fun ways of engaging children in an age-appropriate way.
Duke University, Durham, NC Expected May 2020
Bachelor of Arts in History GPA: 3.8
Minor: Media and Journalism Certificate, Innovation and Entrepreneurship certificate
• Dean’s List (Spring 2017)
• All ACC Academic (2016 + 2017)
• Duke Ascend Scholar
Highgate School, London
12 GCSEs (11 A*, 1 A)
3 A Levels (2 A*, 1 A)
Patron Capital, Summer Intern Present
• Draft Memorandums and legal documents
• Aid the deals team in the boardroom and in research
• Implementation and drafting of Diversity and Inclusion Charter for Law firms and clients
Sunday Times, News Intern May 2019
• Editing, research, transcription and writing.
Vibe Music App, Head of Strategy Present
• Lead a thirty people team in strategy for the launch of the interactive music sharing app
• Curate all content, organise launch events, collaborations and branding
• Lead team meetings, manage and allocate funds and make projections for future needs
LinkedIn Campus Editor Present
• Selected as Duke's first Campus Editor, among 629 other LinkedIn Campus Editors from 500 colleges across 40 countries.
• Responsible for creating relevant content on LinkedIn’s publishing platform, working with a LinkedIn News Editor, and connecting with Duke students and professors to highlight the power of LinkedIn, and its publishing capabilities.
The Coven Magazine, Chief Content Officer 2017- 2019
• Assign, approve, write and edit articles, followed by forecasting trends/topics for future work
• 19,000 unique views per month, and 372,000 unique readers
• Collaborations/Events: Levis, Them, Rooftop Cinema Club, Ripped Bodice, Apotheke, Neurogum
Freda Health Products LTD, Social Media and Marketing, London May 2017- Sept 2018
• Coordinated all social media platforms, engaging with different charitable agencies and government orgs
• Developed our visual marketing strategies through an interactive blog and working with PR agencies.
• Extensive health research into menstruation and menopause.
• On the pitching team. Google as most recent pitch.
Mental Health Foundation, Global Youth Ambassador January 2014- present
• Spearheaded a campaign to implement Mental Health on the National Curriculum in the UK; currently piloting in schools around the country
• Spoke on over thirty television/news shows and for Women in Public Policy at the Houses of Parliament & for the London Mayor at City Hall
• Organised a London conference on Mental Health with specialists/celebrities including Emma Thompson
• British Health Hero 2016 Winner
Huffington Post +Thrive Global, Freelance Writer Summer 2017-present
5th House PR Agency, Intern, London Summer 2017
• Coordinated a collaborated event and fashion line with Wonderland Magazine
• Worked on developing the brand Sura Jewellery and introducing them into the British market
• Developed strong relations between the company and international fashion houses, magazines and agencies
Conde Naste (Tatler), London Winter 2014
• Research for current stories and affairs
• On events team for Tatler’s Best of British Party
• Developed my own story ideas and edited features within the magazine
The Standard, Duke University, Durham, NC - Features Editor Spring 2017- present
Women’s Health Magazine Philanthropic and Running Ambassador 2016-2018
The Tab, Duke University, Durham, NC- Features Writer Fall 2016- present
Girls That Run- Co-Founder Fall 2016- present
• Founded an all-female running group that meets weekly at Duke to improve physical/mental wellbeing
Varsity XC & Track (5k+10k), Durham, NC 2016-present
• Balance 25+ hours of practise, conditioning, competing and travel per week
• Three-time British Age Group Champion & All ACC (2016)
Student Athletic Advisory Committee, Durham, NC 2017 - present
• Responsible for improving student-athlete welfare at Duke and coordinating discussions within teams, coaching staffs and faculty
Families Moving Forward, Durham, NC (Present): Twice a week I mentor young children in the female empowerment groups and tutor individuals
Social Media Influencer
• Use my reach of over 20,000 followers to promote mental health education, health and wellness and sustainable brands.
• Collaborations and partnerships include: Adidas, Reebok, Mental Health Foundation, Loreal, Outdoor Voices, Varley and Jack Wills.
Proficient Persian Speaking, Listening and Writing
Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|