I work with dedicated students who are still studying in primary/secondary education and international students who speak English as a second language. My teaching method varies from student to student depending on which structure best fits them. But the basic techniques are: polishing the foundation, lots of worksheets which will be marked with feedback, assessments, and a bit of homework if required.
As a journalist, an excellent grasp of the English language is key. During my degree, I was a part-time tutor (3 years) at university and assisted more than 15 students in courses including English. Results always came a grade or two higher than expected.
University of Westminster, London — MA Multimedia Journalism (Print & Online) (BJTC)
SEP 2019 - SEP 2020
Canadian University Dubai, Dubai — BA in Communications - Journalism
SEP 2015 - MAY 2019
● Graduated Summa Cum Laude
Digital Editor, BBC Good Food Middle East and The Pro Chef Middle East
NOV 2020 - JAN 2020
Part-time Tutor, Canadian University Dubai
FEB 2016 - FEB 2019
Tutored students in total in multiple courses on a weekly basis.
1) Providing assistance to students regarding relevant coursework and exam preparation
2) Supporting them in identifying which method of learning suits them best
3) Giving advice on their selection of upcoming courses
4) Research academic material to create worksheets and practice mock papers
Cent Magazine, London— Digital Content Writer Intern
MARCH 2020 - MAY 2020
● Wrote, edited, and published stories on WordPress and social media channels like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram, maximising visibility
● Subbed articles before commissioning them and conducted live monthly Facebook webinars to ensure subscription and digital readership rates increased by 10%
● Performed research and fact-checking, maintaining high standards of journalistic integrity
● Coordinated images and layout to ensure a clean presentation and facilitated SEO
Westminster News Society, London— Multimedia Journalist
SEP 2019 - DEC 2019
Applied understanding of public opinion, social media, digital and print media use to create engaging and attention-grabbing stories.
TPG Media, Dubai— Editorial Assistant Intern
JUNE 2018 - SEP 2019
● Collaborated with the team to publish the first print and digital issue of World of Education magazine, which had a print circulation of 100,000 and a higher digital audience.
● Generated, wrote, proofread and edited resilient articles to cater to the target audience and increase readership rates by 5%.
● Developed exclusive press releases, brochures, e-blasts, and newsletters, while collaborating with the advertising, sales, and design departments to achieve the remarkable vision of the company.
Perfect! I have learnt so much in a short period of time. She is a great teacher, she goes the extra mile to help me understand with learning techniques that suit my learning style
Perfect! Charlotte feels very comfortable with Sera. Sera is patient, easy of approach.
Charlotte is absolutely brilliant and so organised with sending back all homework on time. It's an absolute pleasure working with her.
Sera is a very knowledgeable, passionate, and honest person. She is very patient with her students and goes above and beyond to support them. She is definitely a class act . You can fully rely on her to help you develop you writing skills!
Sera is one of the talented students and hard worker and she do touter as part time
She is very hard worker as well and you will never regraded if you select her as I am employee full time as studying and working
I highly recommend Sera as I have known her to be an extremely driven, organised, and patient friend and colleague. She’s quick on her feet, dedicated to excellence, and a major supporter of anyone seeking help to prosper in life. She also possesses a wonderful personality and attitude that makes her pleasant to communicate with.
Sera Is definitely the best tutor that I have ever met ! Whatever she teaches will be always be worth it.
Sera is a dedicated and enthusiastic tutor. She has the ability and patience to teach with creativity and determination. I would recommend Sera to anyone. She possesses the necessary skills to successfully engage and motivate students. She is organized and understanding and paces her lectures on a speed any student can follow.
Sera one of the talented person and hard worker
She is self confidence person do her work in professional way I recommend her because she increased people confidence as well
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, spelling lessons for all!
Taking proofreading lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£13|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£65|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£130|