Thank you for coming to my page.
I would be happy to answer any questions from you so please feel free to contact me.
I teach the following subjects.
- Music Theory and Aural skills
- Preparation for ABRSM grade exams and all other exams
- Chamber Music
- BMus with First Class Honours from the Royal College of Music
- MPerf with Distinction from the Royal College of Music
- ABRSM International Scholarship holder
- First Class marks for advanced academic subjects including Musicianship and Aural.
- First Class mark for advanced Chamber Music course.
Tutoring at my place in Golders Green:
£20 for half an hour
£30 for 45 minutes
£40 for an hour
* Each piano lesson includes Music Theory and Aural teaching in addition to piano performance lesson.
(If you would prefer, it is also possible to have just performance lessons without music theory etc.)
* Piano lessons with a Yamaha Grand Piano.
* The place is 3 minutes away by bus from Golders Green station
(15 minutes away by bus from Finchley Road station)
* Free Car Parking is available.
I teach at my place in Golders Green with Yamaha's Grand Piano.
Free Car Parking is available.
The place is 3 minutes away by bus from Golders Green station (or 15 minutes by bus from Finchley Road station).
The slots currently available for regular lessons are :
- Fridays at 13:45-15:30
*There are more slots available during school holiday weeks.
*Short term intensive lessons are also available.
[Which ages and levels do you teach?]
I have been teaching all ages from the youngest student at the age of 3 to school students, adults and workers.
I am happy to teach all ages and standards, and make a plan individually for each student.
I welcome all levels such as:
- Playing the piano as a hobby
- Preparing for ABRSM grade (all levels)
- Complete beginners to advanced pianists
- Aiming at professionals
[Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?]
I am happy to tailor lesson for your individual needs and help you to achieve your own goals.
This can include preparation for ABRSM grades, Exams, Music college/school auditions, Competitions, School concerts, Recitals, Ensemble and Chamber Music projects etc.
[Do you have a personal message for students?]
I would like to help you to be able to create your piano sound with lots of colours, explore the music and to express your own feelings on the keyboard. I am sure that it will be possible even for the very beginners with simple melodies.
I also help you to build up a good technique so that your hands will not suffer from pain or boring finger exercises!
I am looking forward to hearing from you and hope to see you at my lesson.
Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or requirements regarding my piano lessons.
[What kind of experience do you have?]
- Teaching piano and music theory as an assistant of Piano teacher in Tokyo, Japan (2006-2007)
- Taking Professional skills Teaching lessons (2007-2009)
- Giving private piano, aural skills and theory lessons in London (2007-present)
- Giving workshops at children's schools in London and Europe (2008-present)
Solo recitals and concerts with orchestra at many different venues such as:
- Cadogan Hall (UK)
- St. John's Smith Square, Westminster (UK)
- Palacio de Festivales de Cantabria (Spain)
- Bunkamura Orchard Hall (Japan)
And many other places in all over Europe, Russia and Japan.
Awards and Competitions:
- The Philharmonia Orchestra Martin Musical Scholarship Fund
- 1st prize at the Rich Foundation Award 2008 in London
- Hopkinson Silver Medal from RCM (2010)
- 2nd prize at the 2nd Takamatsu International Piano Competition in Japan (2010).
- Performed a Piano Concerto with Sir Roger Norrington (2013)
And many other prizes at prestigious international competitions.
[Where and with whom did you train?]
- Prof. Elena Ashkenazy in Japan.
(The sister of Vladimir Ashkenazy, the world-famous conductor and pianist)
- Prof. Dina Parakhina in London
(Pianist and professor at the Royal College of Music, the Royal Northern College of Music and Chetham's School of Music)
- Prof. Yuko Yamaoka in Japan.
(Well-known Japanese pianist and professor)
- Prof. Kevin Kenner in Japan and London.
(Prize winner of Tchaikovsky and Chopin International Competitions, ex-professor at RCM)
Also, occasional lessons and masterclasses with Prof. Foun Ts'ong, Prof. Elisso Virsaladze and Prof. Andras Schiff etc.
The first class is not for free (It says free on the website, but this is the default system that cannot be changed)
piano lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£40||Not available||Not available|