Hi there, my name is Michael Grant and I'm a medical doctor. I have an interest in tutoring those from GCSE to undergraduate level in biology, biomedical science, physiology, pharmacology, anatomy, biostatistics and medicine. I am passionate about these subjects and have multiple degrees that have required me to understand the theory and practical aspects surrounding them.
Through my 6 years of university studies and multiple national summer studentships in world-class laboratories around the UK, I have had considerable experience teaching younger students and developing teaching materials that have been endorsed by Russell Group universities. I usually like to teach using a combination of powerpoint presentations, detailed notes and through one-to-one tutorials. However, everyone learns differently and I'm happy to adapt to any tutee's needs.
- Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Obstetrics (MB BCh BaO) - Queen's University Belfast, 2017
- Bachelor of Science in Molecular Medicine with First Class Honours (BSc Hons) - University of Leeds, 2015
- Vice President of the United Kingdom Medical Student Association (UKMSA)
- Chapter President of the American Academy of Neurology and President of QUB's Neurological Society
- Honorary Academic Visitor – Leeds Institute of Cancer and Pathology (2015/2016)
- UK and Ireland blogger for LABIOTECH Europe
- Recipient of the Pathological Society's research bursary (2015)
- Recipient of the Jeans Shanks Intercalated Award (2015)
- Recipient of Queen’s University Belfast Special Research Scholarship for the Wellcome Trust-Wolfson Northern Ireland Clinical Research Facility Summer Studentship (2014)
- Recipient of Nuffield summer research scholarship (2013)
Doctor Michael was very helpful for preparing for exams
I have worked alongside Michael as a junior doctor. He is very diligent, knowledgeable and very involved with the teaching of more junior medical peers and medical students. I thoroughly recommend him!
Michael has been a great help with my coursework and exam prep. He's always happy to help and is easy to get in contact with over skype or help with work remotely over email. I really appreciate the notes and feedback he gives. Thanks again, Dr Michael.
Dr Michael has been a big help with my SJT revision and preparation for my medical finals. He is a easy-to-talk to and has an amazing baseline of knowledge. I would 100% recommend!
biology lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest cellular biology lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, anatomy lessons for all!
Taking physiology lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|