Hello, my name is Karim.
I'm an enthusiastic, friendly, well qualified and experienced teacher of Maths, Verbal Reasoning, non Verbal Reasoning, Mental Arithmetic, Revision Strategy and Exam Techniques.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- early support in Maths and problem solving skills (years 3 to 9)
- 11+ exams or private school exams (years 4 and 5)
- better exam techniques and a revision strategy skills (years 5 to 11)
- coping with the stress of exams and timed tests
- developing and implementing an effective revision strategy
I make learning a fun process and help develop confidence which later leads to out-performance.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
BSc with Honours in Physics from Manchester University
- Where do you teach?
I teach in Pinner, Middlesex. Currently I have students travelling to me from Northwood, Eastcote, Ruislip, Rayners Lane, Moor Park, Northwood Hills, Hatch End, Rickmansworth and Watford
- When are you available?
Weekdays, Weekends, Summer holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Maths / Verbal Reasoning / Non Verbal Reasoning / Mental Arithmetic (for 11+)
- Maths (KS2/KS3) and developing problem solving skills (years 4 to 9)
- Exam technique, strategy and timed tests (specifically for 11+)
- Exam technique for boosting scores under test conditions (years 5 to 11)
- Revision strategy for O Levels. Learning how to revise and work autonomously (from year 10 onward)
- Initial academic assessment and mock class (1 to 1 for all potential students)
My style and approach is relaxed and informal. Although class discipline is always maintained I strive to make learning a fun process. Children are inspired to want to learn for themselves and take responsibility for their studies.
Students preparing for entrance exams are provided a framework to help them apply their knowledge under timed conditions. Common issues such as reading the question properly, checking the answers, running out of time, are dealt with.
Courses on exam techniques and revision strategy are integrated within the preparatory work for the 11+ exams and private school exams. As parents have come to realise, it's essential for children to be able to successfully apply what they have learnt under the potentially stressful conditions of an exam or test.
Students currently in high school can expect to receive guidance and support for exam techniques and revision strategy in preparation for the end of year exams or O Level / GCSE exams.
Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I have an up-to-date Enhanced DBS Certificate
Tell me about some of your current students.
Children who attended my classes passed the 11+ / private school entrance exam for one or more of these schools:
- Watford Grammar School for Girls
- Watford Grammar School for Boys
- Merchant Taylors' Boys School
- Queen Elizabeth's School
- Henrietta Barnett School
- St Paul's School
- Haberdashers' Aske's School for Girls
- North London Collegiate School
- South West Herts Schools Consortium
Many of my students received multiple offers of places from these schools.
I have to say that Simon really enjoyed and benefitted from the lesson, he practiced when we got back home and finished with ease and accuracy,
I thank you for assessment of Simon and the way you explained your approach to make pupils not only understand but to enjoy the subject and hopefully they will be able to move to the next level
Looking forward to hearing from you
I hope you are well. I wanted to take this opportunity to thank you for the guidance and support that you have given Alisha. Having spoken to her, she feels that the sessions were extremely beneficial and now feels better equipped for the exams that follow. Thank you for sharing all the strategies and techniques that will enable her to complete her exams to the best of her ability.
Sent from my iPhone
I highly recommend Karim Allidina as a tutor. Our son worked with Karim for just over a year and really benefited. He is a driven, organized tutor who seems to develops inspiring relationships with his students.
His ability to connect with his students and his talent at teaching simple concepts, as well as more advanced topics, are both truly superior. He accomplishes all these tasks with great initiative and with a positive attitude. I would highly recommend Karim without reservation.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||Not available||Not available|