I am looking to utilise my experiences in education to support children and young people with their academic achievement and social and emotional development. I am available for one off sessions, and short and long term bookings.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
Psychology up to graduate level
study skills / revision techniques / exam preparation for all ages (SATS, GCSE's, A-level's and degree)
Maths and literacy at primary school level
Sessions to support parents with children with special educational needs
working memory training
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Currently a Trainee Educational Psychologist at University College of London.
Previously completed a Masters in Mental Health Psychology achieving a distinction at University of Liverpool
Previously graduated with a First class Honours Psychology undergraduate degree.
Member of the British Psychological society
- How much do you charge?
£35-40 an hour depending on session required.
- Where do you teach?
I will travel to the student's homes to teach and also offer online services too.
I live in Sutton and willing to travel to Carshalton, Sutton, Belmont, Banstead, Epsom, North Cheam, Wallington, Wimbledon, Morden, Raynes Park, Worcester Park, and surrounding areas.
- When are you available?
In term time, I am available all day on Tuesdays, Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and the rest of the week after 6pm.
I am available throughout all school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach Years 1-6 in Primary schools for the majority of subjects. Years 7 - 13 and undergraduate degree students for Psychology, Study Skills, Essay writing and Proofreading.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype interview can be arranged for any sessions (I can also offer a range of face to face and online throughout different sessions).
I can email resources to support students.
I can liaise over email regarding some sessions such as proof reading.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
My sessions can be flexible depending on needs of the student and a pace that is comfortable.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have had extensive experience within the education sector supporting children and young people with their academic achievements and social and emotional development. I have 2 years experience working in schools as an Assistant Educational Psychologist and am now training to become a fully qualified Educational Psychologist. My experiences include:
- Training teachers, teaching assistants and learning support assistants for a variety of quality first teaching and interventions.
- To collect evidence towards a request for an EHC assessment for children with the highest special educational need.
- Implementing a variety of interventions to support children using baseline assessments and follow-up's to track and review progress
- Interventions consist of: Mindfulness, CBT for children, Solution Focused Brief Therapy, Fun Friends, Reciprocal teaching, Working Memory, Philosophy 4 Children, Dyscalculia, Dyslexia, reading, spelling, writing, study skills, maths, ETC.
- Visiting primary and secondary schools within short-term contracts to deliver training to teachers and students.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
DBS checked and able to provide a copy to student on the first session.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
The British Psychological Society
Th Association of Educational Psychologists.
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|