I have a strong 11+ pass rate, delighting many parents. I am considered a consistently excellent teacher in an Ofsted-rated 'Outstanding' school, tailoring learning to suit individual students with a wide range of approaches and current resources.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
- Complete tutoring for the 11+, 13+ and Common Entrance Exam
- Fast-track 11+ over the Summer period
- Maths: GCSE, Key Stage 3 & all Primary years
- English: all Primary years
- SATS Tests for Key Stages 1 & 2
- Psychology: GCSE & A-Level
- Violin & Viola using the ABRSM Syllabus; GCSE Music for EDEXCEL
- Tell me about your qualifications.
- Fully qualified teacher with Post Graduate Certificate in Education
- Two Bachelor degrees, with Honours
- How much do you charge?
- £25 an hour up to age 16
- £30 an hour for post 16
- All books and writing materials provided free of charge
- Where do you teach?
- At my home on the outskirts of Rugby, within easy travelling distance of Coventry, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth and Warwick
- When are you available?
- Saturdays, Sundays, and some weekday evenings during term-time
- During school holidays on a more flexible basis
- Lessons missed are not charged
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
- Maths: all Primary and Secondary years (Key Stages 1, 2, 3 & 4); all abilities
- 11+ and 13+ to Grammar Schools
- Secondary Selection to all local Private Schools
- English: all Primary years (Key Stages 1 & 2); all abilities
- Primary SATS (Key Stages 1 & 2)
- GCSE & A-Level Pychology
- Violin & Viola; GCSE Music
- What kind of experience do you have?
- 15 years' experience
- Secondary classroom, Primary booster classes, one-to-one tutoring and individual instrumental lessons
- Students range from 5 years old to adulthood
- Trainee teacher mentoring in the Secondary classroom on their final teaching practice
- Subjects include Maths, English, Psychology & Music
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
- Current DBS Certificate
- References available
- Testimonials available on this profile
- Where and with whom did you train?
- University of Central England, Birmingham
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- General Teaching Council
- National Union of Teachers
- British Psychological Society
Just to say a big thank you for all your hard work with *****. I am very pleased to say that she has passed and was ranked number 4 out of the girls and number 7 for all the children in this area.
As you can imagine we are absolutely thrilled at her achievement and so glad we found you.
Thank you once again.
I have absolutely no hesitation in recommending you to any prospective parent with a child preparing for the 11+ exam. In a very short period of time with my daughter, you not only gained her trust and respect but also gave her a framework and level of understanding that moved her from a position of having less than 30% chance of passing to not only achieving a pass, but doing so at the higher end of the results table.
In weekly sessions from March to early September Kate filled in the gaps where * had missed school in early years due to ill health, & boosted her prior to her 11+ exam.
* said Kate was approachable and explained things in a way that made sense! Kate taught her techniques not encountered at school. * was ranked 27th of over 300 girls. She is enjoying maths much more and progressing very well.
I would not have any hesitation in recommending Kate for her tutor work.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest 11+ school exam preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, 13 plus lessons for all!
Taking 7 plus lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£30||£30||Not available|