- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I specialise in Classical guitar and music theory, but also teach electric and acoustic in most popular styles.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
Dip ABRSM (Classical guitar teaching diploma)
- How much do you charge?
1/2 hour - £12, 1 hour - £20 + £8 charge for me to travel to the students home.
- Where do you teach?
I teach in Glasgow. I am also available for lessons in Arbroath some weekends.
- When are you available?
Lessons are available any day of the week.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
All ages and abilities. Youngest age for beginning guitar study is about 5 or 6.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I offer correspondence lessons by email and post.
- What kind of experience do you have?
Six years of private teaching experience and two years as a guitar instructor for the Bodman School of Music in Dundee.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, I have a CRB disclosure certificate.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I studied music at Napier University with classical guitarist Simon Thacker. I am currently continuing my studies at the Royal Scottish Academy of Music.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
Registry of Guitar Tutors and the Musicians Union.
• Dip ABRSM (Teaching Diploma)
• Clean CRB Record
• Registry of Guitar Tutors, Musicians Union
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|