I enjoy working with learners at all levels and offer a friendly, approachable teaching service. As a creative person and competent mathematician, my teaching is suitable for a range of learning styles. Basically, whoever you are and whatever you want from improved mathematical skills, I can help you get there.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I am trained as a secondary Maths teacher but I can also help you develop your creative writing skills and, as a former editor, I can proofread any document.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a first class degree in creative writing and a diploma of higher education in general science. Prior to training as a maths teacher, I took a 26-week intensive maths course which included 12 hours of exams at above A-Level in pure maths, geometry, calculus, mechanics, statistics and decision maths. I also have five Scottish Highers including Maths and English at grade A.
- How much do you charge?
I charge a basic rate of £20 an hour. I will consider lower rates for group lessons.
- Where do you teach?
I can teach you in your home or another prearranged location at your request. I am able to travel to Kirkbymoorside, Pickering, Malton, Thirsk, Scarborough, York and Whitby as well as Cleveland and Harrogate areas.
- When are you available?
As a PGCE student, I can offer a limited number of tutoring sessions in the evening and at weekends.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I am happy to teach children or adults from KS2 up to A-Level.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I am trained to prepare students for GCSE, AS and A-Level qualifications.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I am willing to tutor by e-mail, chat or video (Skype) at a reduced rate.
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Whatever you want to achieve, you can do it! Please contact me if you have any questions or anything on my page is unclear.
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have almost completed my second teaching placement, giving me some 70 hours classroom teaching experience. I was also a document management systems trainer in a previous life.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes, I was most recently CRB checked as a PGCE student.
- Where and with whom did you train?
I am training with the University of York in North Yorkshire secondary schools.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I am currently a student member of NUT, ATL and NASUWT.
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I currently teach students at KS3, KS4 and A-Level.
• BA (Hons) in Creative Writing (1st Class)
• Secondary Maths PGCE Student
• CRB Approved
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|