Every student has a programme that is built just for them. They concentrate on getting to grips with topics that they are covering in school whilst also working on a parallel thread that is put together to fill any gaps that may exist in their core skills.
* The MagiKats programme supports the National Curriculum.
* More than tutor 'hot-housing' and more than learning by rote.
* Classes are held all year round.
* MagiKats weekly workshops provide an instant boost.
* Core work (usually completed at home) provides steady consolidation.
* Students use a variety of hands-on resources to enhance their understanding.
* MagiKats’ students use a multi-sensory approach to learning.
* KidiKats Programme (ages 3–5) is a combined Numeracy and Literacy programme.
* Special support available for SATS, GCSE revision, 11+ and common entrance.
* Summer booster programmes are also available.
- Ages and Levels Covered
Extension, support and consolidation from early years to GCSE, in age appropriate groups.
- Opening Times
Tuesdays and Wednesdays 3:50 - 5:10pm (later session may be available).
- Tuition Fees
Fees vary depending on the range of subjects studied, please call for details.
- Centre Director(s)
I am a qualified teacher, with over 12 years experience in both post 16 and mainstream education. My position prior to becoming a MagiKats Principal was that of Programme Area Manager, at a 6th Form College in North London. As such, the development of students is at the heart of everything I do, and my aim is to always to help them to achieve their goals, build their self confidence, and develop the essential skills to help them become successful and well rounded adults. Having worked in a number of schools and colleges, with a variety of challenging students of all ages and abilities, I recognised that every child needs a different approach to their learning, as each has specific learning needs. My role over the years has been to provide the necessary support and guidance to each individual student according to his or her needs. Being also a semi-professional musician and teacher of music and Music Technology, I have a very good understanding of both the creative as well as the more academic type of student, and have developed strategies to be able to support and develop all students. I started work with MagiKats because I recognised that a large percentage of the students I taught, particularly at post 16 level, required additional support with Maths & English. I feel that the MagiKats programme provides me with the opportunity to give that concentrated support, to students of all ages. The small group setting provides the ideal platform for the support and tutoring that each student needs, according to their particular learning needs. It also allows each individual to develop in confidence as well as in their core skills.
The Chingford and Highams Park centre offers a friendly, welcoming and productive environment: students get an individual approach, working in small groups, taught by a mentor. Visit the website to see a video of a workshop in action.
• Proud to offer local tuition: long term extension and support work from pre-school to GCSE. Students build confidence and skills whilst earning stamps, prizes and awards.
• See our website for more details, testimonials and video of a workshop! Fully trained and experienced staff. Special programmes available over the summer and for exam preparation up to and including GCSE.
• Full clearance held by all staff, fully insured.
• Written by UK teachers in support of the full UK curriculum, programmes for each individual student.
early years education lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£20||£20||Not available|