My goal is to get children to perceive healthy foods like fruits and vegetables in positive light. I believe through cooking with new ingredients and learning fun facts about each ingredient children will have a better relationship with a variety of foods.
I am an experienced primary school teacher that has combined my two passions of cooking and teaching. I create online cookery videos for children and hold cookery workshops in schools to promote healthy eating and inspire children to cook. Children learn how to cook but they also learn facts about the ingredients in a fun and engaging way. See video attached to get a better understanding as to how I teach.
Travel costs will need to be considered - an additional £5.00 on top of the tutoring fee.
If I travel to your house I will bring recipe ingredients with which is included in lesson costs, if I tutor online you will be sent ingredients list to purchase before lesson.
Your appointments and well-being are very important to me. I understand that sometimes, unexpected delays can occur, making schedule adjustments. If you need to cancel your appointment, I respectfully request at least 24 hours notice.
Any cancellation or reschedule made less than 24 hours before will result in a cancellation fee. The amount of the fee will equal to 50% of the lesson cost.
Founder and educational chef
January 2020 - Present
- Creates weekly educational cookery videos online
- Delivers cookery workshops for schools, charities, or other
- Offers consultation services for schools, organisations and parents on how to promote healthy eating amongst children.
Colvestone Primary School
Primary School Teacher, June 2017 – December 2019
• Due to setting high standards for my pupils, my classes were the highest performing during assessments across the school and federation.
• By building strong relationships, promoting emotional understanding and mindfulness amongst pupils, I have been able to manage extremely challenging behaviour and assist them in taking ownership of their own learning.
• As my school became federated, I created cross-curricular medium term plans, weekly plans and resources for my class and two other classes.
• I was involved in organising and assisting with extra-curricular activities and community building events.
• I acted as Assistant Year Group lead – I lead year group meetings, recorded minutes, and assisted teachers with planning.
Laurel Lane Primary School
PGCE Student Teacher, January 2017 – June 2017
Grange Primary School
PGCE Student Teacher, October 2016 – December 2016
St Joseph’s Primary School, Finglas, Dublin
Supply Teacher and S.N.A
February 2016 – March 2016
S.N.A roles include:
- I worked independently with a pupil with a severe disability.
- I adapted the teacher’s planning to cater to the pupils needs.
- I implemented daily interventions and kept record of the pupils progress.
Brunel University 2016-2017
PGCE IN Primary Education (5-11 years)
University College Dublin 2012 – 2016
Joint Bachelor Degree in History and Sociology
Miriam and I worked together as a primary school teacher. Miriam has great subject knowledge and is able to teach high quality lessons in accordance to the National Curriculum. She is able to tailor lessons to meet the needs of the learner and she is able to captivate and keep learners engaged. Her adaptability, patience and passion shines through her in her teaching.
cooking lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest easy cooking lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, baking lessons for all!
Taking healthy cooking lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£35||£25|
|5 hours||Not available||£150||£125|
|10 hours||Not available||£300||£250|