- Hourly rate £25
- Response Time 2h
- Number of students 43
Knitter in North West London with more than 15 years of experience to help you create hand crafted items.
- at their home
- By webcam
Jane is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
About the lesson
I can teach you to knit if you are a beginner or help you develop your basic skills to create hand crafted items. I will teach any technique for you to produce a beautiful knitted garment or gift.
Examples of techniques covered:
Basic knit and purl stitches
Fair isle and colour knitting
Knitting in the round
- All Levels
I have taught many people to knit, ranging from children to adults. Sometimes I teach one to one, sometimes as a group.
I have also taught knitters to expand their knowledge and create more intricate items.
I will teach whatever type of knitting you would like and guide you through the process to create a finished item.
Excellent! Jane was very helpful and approachable. I enjoyed my lesson with her
- Jane's response : Tessa was very receptive, especially as we were working on a more complex technique. Her interest and growing passion for knitting has really helped her to learn so much already.
Perfect! Jane is Excellent; well prepared, thorough, and a good teacher, would recommend.
- Jane's response : It was pleasure to teach Camilla. We worked on techniques for knitting with two different colours in the same row. Camilla is a great knitter, keen to learn new techniques.
Perfect! I have always found knitting socks quite intimidating. With Jane's help I have understood the basics of knitting toe up socks and also how to knit in the round.
- Jane's response : Picked up new techniques really quickly and is now working on her first toe up sock on a magic loop! Great session.
Perfect! Jane is the perfect tutor for my 84 year old mother. Not only does she have impressive knowledge and excellent people skills, but she did the extra mile to come all the way to our house which is not near to hers to teach mum who doesn't speak any English.
Jane has all my recommendations: knowledge, people skills, accommodating. You don't need anything else.
- Jane's response : It was lovely to meet Marcia and her mum, Maria. I really enjoyed showing them how to knit a hat in the round, without any seams and I'm looking forward to going back to see how it's progressing. Maria showed me how to knit using the Portuguese technique, with the yarn looped around her neck, something I have been interested in for a while.
Perfect! Jane was a brilliant teacher. She demonstrated clearly and was very patient as well as knowledgeable. I learnt a lot even from one lesson. Thanks Jane!
- Jane's response : Thanks for lovely review, Lauren. It was a pleasure helping you out with your project, you're a fast learner.
Perfect! Jane was not only very pleasant and friendly but, perhaps even more importantly, she was a genuine knitting expert. In no time at all she sorted out and explained the poorly written pattern I was wrestling with, and worked with me to rectify the difficulty I'd got myself into. The result was that the next day I was able to easily finish the baby jacket by myself. I would strongly recommend Jane to other knitters needing help.
- Jane's response : The class went well, Judy was a keen student! We managed to sort out a difficult pattern that was hard to follow.
View more reviews
Jane happens to be both an expert knitter and a trained educator. She brings both passion and enthusiasm about this craft and an endlessly patient approach that makes her ideal for the knitting beginner. She showed me some of her own projects and her skill is truly impressive with some of the more advanced type of patterns. I recommend her unreservedly.
Jane was at all times professional and friendly and responded promptly to lesson requests. She was very helpful and demonstrated clearly allowing me to learn new skills. Jane really takes the time to help you. She is very knowledgeable and comes highly recommended.
View more recommendations
- 5h: £115
- 10h: £225
- + ££5
I will travel to meet you somewhere convenient for both of us, but I charge a travel fee. Otherwise I am happy to teach in my home.
The first lesson is free when a pack of lessons is booked and paid for in advance.