I give German lessons up to A level standard and French and Russian lessons up to GCSE standard as well as English as a foreign language lessons.
I intend to assess the best way of improving each student based on their weaknesses. I will go through any assignments with students and work on mistakes, provide tuition, practice and feedback on oral work and take any suggestions of areas to work on.
I think that tutoring relies on being a good listener to work out the needs of each individual student. Lessons should be tailored to those needs. Lessons should also be relaxed and fun to encourage the student to foster a love of learning which will stand them in good stead for a life time.
Please feel free to negotiate on rates especially for double sessions. Obviously living in London is expensive so I may not be able to change my rate but we can discuss it especially if I don't have to travel far or at all.
Passionate about learning and teaching especially languages. Creative approach. Reliable and patient.
I am new to giving lessons in England, however I have plenty of experience abroad. In Russia I planned lessons for small groups of children by initially assessing their abilities and then planning 2 weeks worth of daily lessons to increase their ability and confidence. It was very rewarding to see shy children speak up happily at the end of the sessions and see how much the grammar of some of the grammatically weaker children improve.
I also tutored German sixth form equivalent students before their oral exams to iron out any mistakes in their pronunciation, grammar, vocabulary choices and help them to become more confident.
In the Russian Summer camps I taught groups of 6- 12 children aged 10-18 and in the German school I taught alongside the class teachers or alone with groups of 2-25 students aged 12-18.
2016 Undergraduate Degree: University of Nottingham: German and Russian BA 2:1
2012 A levels: French [A] German [B] Biology [C] AS level: Art and Design [C]
2010 GCSEs: 2A*s, 6As, 2Bs, 1C (Including A*s in German and French, A in Mathematics and B in English Language).
07/2015 Language Link Camp Counsellor and English Teacher
At summer camp in Anapa, Russia I was both a counsellor and English teacher for two groups of 9-10 teenagers (aged 14-18).
● Responsible for planning my own lessons and delivering them with minimal equipment.
● Arranged games and activities for the children and guided and directed them in devising 5 performances in English over the course of each session.
09/2014- 02/2015 Foreign Language Assistant with German Pedagogical Exchange Service
In a state school in Baden-Württemberg, Germany my duties included:
● Coaching final year students preparing for their oral examinations
● Team teaching alongside a class teacher
● Leading classes in drama activities to aid reading comprehension.
I worked with all teachers within the English department and learned to adapt to different working techniques and expectations.
06/2014-07/2014 Robin Hood Summer Camp Counsellor
● Responsible for looking after, encouraging and engaging a group of 24 teenagers alongside a partner for 6 weeks in the Moscow area.
● Supervising children during quiet time, encouraging them in activities and choreographing dances and performances.
● Entrusted with training two new staff from Egypt and China, working as a English/Russian translator explaining tasks they needed to perform.
09/2012- 06/2014 Student Ambassador
Represented the university to prospective students at open days and language days
● Listened to their questions and providing them with information and reassurance.
● Used my friendly manner and confidence to interact with nervous sixth form students and calm their nerves and enthuse them over their prospects.
Communication and Presentation Skills
• Developed good communication and interpersonal skills in several settings: Teaching in a school in Germany; working as a camp counsellor and English teacher in both Moscow and Anapa in Russia (2014-15).
• Continued involvement with international students at university, welcoming students to the university, hosting cultural themed mixer evenings and helping at a club for those who have recently moved to England (2012-14).
• Experience in presenting in English, German and Russian and using visual aids to confidently explain a research topic (2012-16).
• Helped lead a presentation on the year abroad at my Russian department’s 100th anniversary attended by over 100 teachers and students of Russian from across the UK (2015).
Time Management and Organisation
• Studying a joint honours degree developed my time management skills. I can plan meticulously and prioritise carefully to meet all deadlines.
• Must be organised, self-motivated and set my own goals and tasks to ensure personal progress in language learning.
• Working in a school taught me to coordinate my planning well with colleagues and I was always punctual and ready with ideas.
Leadership and Teamwork
• Lead engaging classes of 12-19 year olds both as a language assistant and as a camp counsellor (2012/15).
• Worked within a leadership team organising programs for international students including bi-termly planning meetings where we discussed ideas and organised events (2013/14).
• Coached as a peer mentor to students in the year below helping them navigate any issues they had with the course and personal issues in their first year of university (2013/14)
• Formed part of a youth leadership team of 12-15 people at churches both during sixth form and during my first two years of university. I attended a leadership training conference which trained me in vision, planning and achieving goals and a training evening in child protection policy (2012-2014).
• Vice president of the Amnesty International club during sixth form: arranging meetings, campaigns and fundraisers (2011/12).
• Currently completing an intense course in Russian from beginners (B2/C1): ability to take on challenging languages, ability to learn languages quickly and efficiently.
• Can speak and write well in German (C1/2), A level French (B1/2 could be refreshed).
• Took a Serbian for linguists module (A2/B1)
• Keen on learning more languages in the future either for leisure or professional improvement
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - german lessons for all!
Taking written expression - german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|