I like to pick topic areas that will appeal to my students, so they can get a handle on a subject they want to discuss. I also focus very methodically on understanding the grammar of each language, working on verb structures, so as to enable students to fully understand the language and be able to modify it themselves, so that they can express themselves in as many ways as possible.
I am a Language Tutor, specialising in teaching languages on a 1-1 basis, or to groups of students, focussing on continuous improvement and tailoring my classes to suit the interests and goals of each student.
I've taught in mainstream schools and privately, including Summer schools.
• Reliable and focused language teacher with strong communication skills and a wide range of teaching experience
• English mother tongue, fluent French & German – to Degree level and beyond, with excellent Spanish (to tutor up to GCSE)
• Global business and teaching experience [Europe, US] and technical language / translation ability
• Authoring of bespoke teaching materials, plus editing – English, French, German and Spanish
• Collaborative, dynamic approach
• IT – good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and PowerPoint
• Multilingual: as above, high-levels of French and German [to native-speaker fluency]; good teaching methods in Spanish
Education and training:
January – December 2002: Exeter University, St Luke’s and St John’s – GTP – Graduate Training Programme for Teachers, involving 12 months of practical, in-school Teacher Training, leading to QTS under the tutelage of the University of Exeter, and the TTA, Teacher Training Association
Year 1 based at Preston School, Monks Dale, Yeovil
Year 2 based at Robert Blake Science College, Bridgwater
Practical, supervised and mentored in-school Teacher Training
February 2003 – QTS Certificate gained
Autumn of 2002 – QTS in English / Literacy, Numeracy and IT achieved
NQT – first Term achieved at Robert Blake Science College -
I hold a BA from Bristol University and a PostGraduate Diploma from Bath Uni:
- Joint BA Honours in Modern Foreign Languages leading to BA [Hons], French and German (2.i) and Postgraduate Diploma in Translation and Interpreting, French and German.
• I am currently working through agencies to deliver language teaching and supply / cover to language departments in the South West. This includes English language, French, Spanish and German.
• I am a multi-lingual, detail-oriented professional with a lot of experience in the language services industry [I have also worked in the United States, to provide corporate language services, plus training, document creation & editing of materials, timeline planning and scheduling.
This has been over a range of locations: for example, the South West, Bristol, Slough and London Bridge.
• When working with Sales staff for international clients, I have created materials specifically tailored to their needs, as well as schedules and product data sheets in the relevant target European languages.
• For leading hi-tech companies, I have provided in-house translation in German/English/French and filled the role of project co-ordinator for ongoing assignments.
My language skills make it possible to deliver corporate language training accompanied by high-level quality training materials.
spanish lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - spanish lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - spanish lessons for all!
Taking vocabulary - spanish lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£45||£30|
|5 hours||Not available||£220||£150|
|10 hours||Not available||£445||£300|