I aim to help a student improve their fluency, cultural knowledge and overall understanding of the language in a fun, exciting environment. I have lived abroad in Peru, Germany and France and speak the three languages fluently. I have experience teaching and tutoring privately and can teach any level from beginners to advanced, and prepare students for exams.
I have always lived teaching and learning on the go, whilst travelling and studying myself and enjoy sharing my passion for languages with others. I have helped pupils excel in their GCSEs and A Level exams and for professional or personal reasons. The most important thing is to share knowledge and enthusiasm!
I'd be happy to travel but don't have a car!
I have places to work together in Newcastle city centre or the surrounding areas but share my home with others, so out is better than in. If you'd like to work via. Skype, I'm happy to reduce the rate!
An adaptable, open-minded and multi-lingual Modern Languages graduate, with experience in the services and retail sector, teaching, journalism and sustainable development. My BA in Modern Languages (French, Spanish & German with Dutch) and subsequent years spent abroad have allowed me cultural understanding, an international mind-frame and honed my communicative and human skills.
¬ Newcastle University – 2012 – 2016
BA Hons, Modern Languages – French, Spanish and German (with Dutch)
Grade – 1st
Prizes – Academic Excellence for best in year, Contribution to School Life, Valedictorian at graduation ceremony, Brian Darling Memorial Essay Prize 2016 for an essay on the feminist legacy of Flora Tristan
¬ Queen Elizabeth Sixth Form College, Darlington
French - A*
English Language - A*
Spanish - A
¬ Hummersknott School and Language College, Darlington
GCSEs – French (A*) Spanish (A*) English Language (A*) History (A*) Chemistry (A*) Physics (A*)
English Literature (A) Biology (A) Religious Studies (A) Design Technology (A) Maths (A) Statistics (A)
FOREIGN LANGUAGE SKILLS
¬ German (proficient/fluent in speech, reading and writing)
Level C2:1 (awarded by TUDIAS Dresden, July 2014)
Spanish (proficient/fluent in speech, reading and writing)
French (proficient/fluent in speech, reading and writing)
Level C2:2 (awarded by IECE Montpellier, July 2015)
Dutch (intermediate knowledge in speech, reading and writing)
Italian (basic knowledge in speech, reading and writing)
Portuguese (basic knowledge in speech, reading and writing)
¬ Communications and Social Media Leader, EcoSwell
Oct 2015- present
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK/Lobitos, Peru
• Maintenance of Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn platforms, which are a major factor with regard to the charity’s international presence and volunteer recruitment
• Redaction of blogs and articles to further promote the work of the charity
• Organisation of public and student talks to spread consciousness of sustainable development and environmental issues and attract volunteers to help with projects
• Participation on Trustees Meetings, to decide and manage the future direction of the charity
¬ English Language Teaching Assistant, Volunteach Peru
• Leading and assisting in the deliverance of English lessons to Peruvian children aged 6-16
• Supervision of and responsibility for groups of young people
• Individual tutoring and in-class assistance both in English and Spanish
• Participation in charity education programme, ‘Hello English!’, delivered to children in shanty towns surrounding Lima city area
¬ Senior Language Ambassador, Routes into Languages North East
Sep 2012- present
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
• Representation of Routes North East and Newcastle University at national dissemination and training events
• Office based e-mail/telephone correspondence with local schools and national institutions
• Regular visits into schools/colleges to promote language learning and inspire groups of young people, often from disadvantaged backgrounds
• Event organisation and recruitment management
• Presentation/workshop design and delivery to large groups
• Teaching and tutoring children aged from 7-16
¬ Waiter, Fat Hippo Restaurant, Jesmond
Feb - July 2016
Newcastle upon Tyne, UK
• Greeting customers and maintaining a positive and friendly relationship at all times
• Taking orders, liaising between the bar and kitchen
• Preparing and serving soft and alcoholic beverages
• Handling cash/card payments and operating tills
• Cleaning and light restaurant maintenance work
¬ Editorial and Communications Assistant, ESNA European Higher Education News
• Daily redaction and publication of news summaries for European Higher Education Area
• Journalistic interviews conducted in EN/DE/FR
• Constant public relations and advertising correspondence
• Translations between EN/DE/FR/IT
• Daily maintenance of news website and Twitter feeds
¬ Stagiaire (Intern), L'Office des Publications de l'Union Européen, (European Commission)
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
• Re-design and presentation of web page of the 'Interinstitutional Style Guide' of the European Union
• Work with IT team to create and implement the improved interface of website
• Translation and proof-reading
¬ Volunteer, Newcastle East Food Bank
• Welcoming clients and creating a relaxed and comfortable atmosphere
• Discreet and confidential correspondence of personal details
• Serving beverages and snacks and chatting with clients
• Preparation and distribution of food parcels
¬ General Assistant, Sainsbury’s Plc.
Sep 2010- June 2012
• Welcoming customers and working as part of a vibrant and respectful team
• Stock management and replenishment on produce section
Cash handling and till operations
Liam is an enthusiastic and hardworking young man with great passion for languages and teaching. His warm and friendly nature means his enthusiasm shines through, infecting everyone around him (myself included) and this, when coupled with his amazing natural talent and unquestionable dedication allows to me say without hesitation that anyone would be lucky to have him as a teacher.
Coming from a family member, you'd expect a reasonable amount of bias to be involved in a recommendation; BUT I can say hand on heart that Liam is one of the most intelligent and inspiring people I have ever met and he makes me proud every day.
Liam is friendly and welcoming. He is very honest and always goes above and beyond to help other people.
Liam helped me with my Spanish exams for my final year of university in which I achieved a 2:1 for the module.
I found Liam to not only be very knowledgeable but also very Patient and aphthetic to the struggles of learning a new language.
As a person he's very kind and warm person, he also very encouraging along with being A very easy going and creates a positive atmosphere to learn.
german lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - german lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, oral comprehension - german lessons for all!
Taking accent reduction-german lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£22||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£95||£90|
|10 hours||Not available||£180||£180|