I base my classes on topics which are relevant to the needs and interests of my students, whether they are full time professionals needing to perfect their language skills for their jobs, or they would like to learn some basic phrases and expressions for their travel purposes or perfect their academic English skills to be able to study in an English speaking university.
I always apply a friendly and approachable manner with my students to make them feel comfortable and make sure that they are confident in what they have learned before moving onto the next topic.
I am a qualified teacher with over 10 years experience teaching English to adults at all levels, including exam preparation classes, proofreading academic work and have worked as a teacher, teacher trainer and teaching coach for other teachers of English.
I am also a native French speaker and, although do not have an official teaching qualification in teaching French, can assist with vocabulary, pronunciation and expression in French.
Equally, I am fluent in Spanish and, having lived in several Spanish speaking countries I am able to assist in vocabulary, language correction in conversational Spanish and up to intermediate level grammar.
E-mail: (concealed information)
English - Mother tongue
French - Fluent spoken and written
Spanish - Fluent spoken and written
Russian – Basic spoken and written
MA Education, Gender and International Development, Institute of Education, 2009.
Certificate in English Language Teaching to Adults (CELTA), Oxford House College, April 2007
BA (Joint Hons) Spanish and Russian, University of Bristol, 2004.
English Language Teaching Experience
July 2007 - December 2017
English Language Tutor - University of London and Universidad del Rosario
● Plan, prepare and deliver high quality English language teaching
● Monitor progress and provide regular feedback to manage learners’ performance and promote learner autonomy.
● Work closely with the Management Team in the development of the department exams and courses on themes such as Human Rights and Conflict Resolution in English.
● Support the team to develop of course materials, helping to identify new technologies in the provision of English language learning and other related course material where possible and appropriate.
May 2017 - December 2017
Bilingual Education Advisor - The British Council
● Organise monthly training workshops based on the British Council "Teaching for Success" online course for all the teachers involved in the programme in the 9 schools under my remit.
● Write detailed observation feedback forms for all classes observed and support teachers in developing personalised professional development action plans to increase the overall impact of their classes.
● Write concise and informative weekly and monthly reports in Spanish on school visits, observations and workshops.
● Monitor and evaluate programme development at the school level.
● Design Institutional Action Plans with the directorate team of the schools to improve the level of English at secondary level.
January 2016 - December 2016
Regional Coordinator - Heart for Change
● Manage and support a group of 17 native English language speaking volunteers to fulfill their English language teaching placements as part of the Ministry’s Colombia Bilingual Programme.
● Carry out monthly visits to 12 different schools spread across towns in both the Department of Cundinamarca and Meta to monitor and observe volunteers.
● Write detailed monthly reports to the Ministry of Education in Spanish about the monthly visits and any other information pertaining to the volunteer placements.
● Prepare and facilitate bi-semesterly pedagogical workshops for the volunteers to support them in their teaching development.
● Organise and oversee semesterly regional meetings with volunteers, teachers and mentors of the placement schools.
January 2015 - September 2015
Programme Associate - Women's International League for Peace and Freedom (WILPF/LIMPAL), Bogotá, Colombia
● Support the Director on the development of proposals on both Spanish and English for funding from NORAD and UNWomen.
● Work closely with the Director to improve and develop stronger fundraising and communications strategies for LIMPAL Colombia.
● Support on the communication, logistical and funding planning and coordination for the 100 year anniversary of WILPF taking place in May 2015.
September 2013 – December 2014
Programme Funding Officer - Water and Sanitation for the Urban Poor (WSUP)
● Lead on the preparation of applications and grant management of WSUP’s portfolio of UK Institutional Funded programmes in Zambia, Ghana and Madagascar.
● Train, support and advice to WSUP Programme staff in the identification of appropriate opportunities for institutional funding, and of suitable partner organisations.
● Undertake field trips to visit projects in receipt of institutional funding or the subject of institutional funding applications.
September 2011 – August 2013
Programme Funding Assistant - WaterAid
● Assist and support the Programme Funding Department in researching and analysing funding opportunities for Water and Sanitation programmes.
● Assist and coordinate the preparation of proposal submissions to institutional donors and private foundations.
● Maintain a good working knowledge of European donor administrative and programmatic practices and disseminate to WaterAid country office staff including proposal and budget preparation, review and editing.}
● Provide language support with reports, guidelines and communicating with West and Central African Francophone country staff.
January 2011 – August 2011 The Gender and Development Network (GADN), London.
Research and Communications Assistant
● Support the GADN secretariat to expand its communications through their newsletter, website and social media.
● Assist the GADN Coordinator in organising events and meetings.
● Maintain and update the funder and member database and research potential funding opportunities for the network and build a portfolio of donors.
January 2010 – June 2010
Programme Assistant - The International Institute for Education Planning (IIEP - UNESCO), Paris, France.
● Develop a monitoring and evaluation framework for the Education Cluster capacity development programme for Ministry of Education officials.
● Assess the levels of gender mainstreaming approaches within Education Ministries in sub-Saharan African and Asian countries through quantitative research.
● Organise meetings and events taking place within the technical assistance team and develop high quality PowerPoint presentations for the team’s start-up workshops in Disaster Risk Reduction.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||Not available||£20|
|5 hours||Not available||Not available||£100|
|10 hours||Not available||Not available||£200|