I am a dual national, American and British. I have lived in England for 30 years and have a thorough understanding of both educational systems - and both languages!
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
English at all levels up to and including University, History at all levels also. Spanish up to GCSE level.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a BA, two MA's, a PhD and a PGCE.
- How much do you charge?
I ask for £15 for the first lesson, to make sure the student and I are a "fit." I usually charge the full fee +£15 if there are two children being tutored at the same time.
- Where do you teach?
I travel to students' homes, or if easier, students can come to me. But I have a (very friendly) dog and some children do not like animals. I travel fairly widely in London, although I only drive far from North London during off-peak hours.
- When are you available?
I am available any day of the week, by negotiation with the family. I can and do work during summers and school holidays.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I will teach any age from 10 upwards, almost most of my experience is from ages 12-80!
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
I can prepare my students for English state exams or American exams, secondary and university level.
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
I have tutored using email and Skype.
- What kind of experience do you have?
i taught full time from 1968 to 2001. From 2001 I tutored and worked part time for the NHS. I have taught both in the US and in the UK, at all levels from junior school to university level.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Yes I have an up-to-date DBS.
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
I belong to the Philological Society (Linguistics), the Institute of Education Post 14-18, and the Professional Tutor's Association.
• BA English and History, USA, MA Essex University, PhD USA
• PGCE University of London
• Up to date DBS
• UNITE the Union, Philological Society, Institute for Learning, 14-18 Consortium (Institute of Education)
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest dissertation and thesis preparation lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, advanced placement lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|