Hello! I'm an online tutor with over ten years' experience. I first began tutoring after my degree in English Literature and continued whilst completing a Master's in Theatre Directing at the University of East Anglia.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
English (KS1 to KS3 - will consider GCSE and AS/2 pupils dependent on texts studied)
French (KS1 and KS2)
English as a Foreign Language
English for professional purposes
- Tell me about your qualifications.
MA in Theatre Directing (UEA)
BA in English Literature (University of Sussex)
- How much do you charge?
£25-35 per hour, dependent on subject and level.
- Where do you teach?
Online only until further notice.
- When are you available?
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I specialise in 11+ and Key Stage 3 English but I am able to teach across a range of abilities.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
- Describe your arrangements for online tutoring.
Skype or FaceTime are both possibilities. I will suggest texts to be purchased (no more than £30 in the first instance). Lessons will comprise a mixture of reading, trouble-shooting and posing and answering questions.
After the initial few sessions, there is the possibility of sending homework to be marked (inclusive of lesson price).
- Do you have a personal message for students?
Some people say I'm like Mary Poppins! I always have far too many things in my handbag!
- What kind of experience do you have?
- Over ten years of face-to-face tutoring.
- 2 years of classroom teaching.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
Existing DBS through previous employer. About to apply for a new DBS under the new guidelines through a supply teaching agency. Will update when this comes through.
- Where and with whom did you train?
- Do you belong to any professional organisations?
- Tell me about some of your current students.
I have been on maternity leave since March last year! I have taught literally hundreds of pupils from all backgrounds. I thrive on sharing my knowledge and helping pupils reach their full potential.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|