Well done for making the choice to take up one-to-one tutoring for your child. I am a firm believer that all children and young adults benefit from the opportunity to explore both academic and non-academic subjects with a specialist tutor at home.
- Which subject(s) do you teach?
I started out tutoring 11+ English exclusively but, over the years, I have had so many requests to teach primary mathematics, drama and elocution that I decided to branch out. I now do all of this and also occasionally proof-read dissertations and carry out Skype conversation classes.
- Tell me about your qualifications.
My Bachelor's degree was in English Literature which was a terrific foundation for teaching more generally, as I believe story-telling is at the heart of all learning. I then went on to do a Master's in Theatre Directing before training as a teacher.
- How much do you charge?
I am willing to consider reduced price consultation lessons. I will also make discounts for sessions of two hours or more. Please ask me about group lessons as this will depend on the size of the class and the level of differentiation required. I do not charge for travel.
- Where do you teach?
I'm afraid I can only offer lessons in students' homes for the time being.
- When are you available?
I am available all year round. Please check with me for exact availability.
- Which ages and levels do you teach?
I teach Key Stages 1 through to 5.
- Which qualifications do you prepare your students for?
A Level English/Drama
- What kind of experience do you have?
I have taught in a range of settings, including primary schools, preparatory schools, secondary academies and schools for those with profound learning needs. I have tutored for over a decade now, with many of my 11+ pupils gaining their first choice of school. Examples of recent successes include four pupils gaining entrance to Highgate School, one to Henrietta Barnett and one to Colet Court.
- Do you have an up-to-date DBS (Disclosure & Barring Service, formerly CRB) Certificate?
I am on the DBS update service.
• BA English Literature - University of Sussex (2:1)
• MA Theatre Directing: Text and Production, University of East Anglia; PGCE from Goldsmiths, University of London
• DBS-checked and on the update service
maths lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£25||£25||Not available|