I Offer one to one tutoring in person or on-line, tailored to individual needs. Objectives and aims identified and agreed at beginning and we work towards them. Student led, practical approach, we get it done with minimum fuss, targeted and efficient.
I am an experienced legal trainer, administrator & assessor having worked for thirty years in local law firms, universities and colleges. Most recently I completed a contract assisting legal apprentices working for highly respected Midland law firms achieve their CILEx qualifications and that has turned me towards seeking employment opportunities where I can use my skills as an assessor, evaluator and writer in a more practical manner rather than simply an academic one.
IAN CASSIDY. Legal Administrator/Trainer/ Manager/ Writer .
WS9 9DB. (concealed information) (concealed information)9/(concealed information)3
Profile/Summary. Legal administrator, trainer and case manager, expert in administering, designing, delivering, assessing legal programmes. Commercially aware and occupationally experienced in legal, business admin, financial service, retail & customer service courses. Proven record of delivering outcomes & developing people to add value to businesses and enhance commercial performance.
• I was hired by LMPQ to kickstart the legal apprenticeship programme, I re-established relationships with the apprentices, their employers & exam bodies through extensive meetings, training sessions and intensive one to one sessions, getting everything back on schedule and ultimately achieving a success rate of 100% with final cohort of trainees & ensuring receipt of payments from levy etc. I also worked extensively on the group’s response to introduction of GDPR.
• With Quest Training/Whitbread I was part of a team that launched and administered a nationwide training programme for retail staff at all levels of the business from senior management to new starters, adding value to workforce leading to increased recruitment & staff retention and increased eligibility to receive funds from government bodies etc.
• At Wulfrun College I wrote, implemented & managed a bespoke legal course aimed specifically at education and healthcare professionals, highlighting relevant specialist areas of law and making sure general law subjects eg. contract & tort law were adapted for added relevance ensuring learners could contribute to their employer’s organisations in more diverse areas.
12/2019 – pres. Manpower Ltd. (Temporary Staff Agency)
• Examination Invigilator at Birmingham City University.
• Supervising examinations, ensuring all equipment provided, people management, HSE, dealing with queries, admin & auditing.
• Administration/Case management roles.
02/2019 – 12/2019 Will Writer. Aldridge Estate Planning.
• Using specialist software to produce wills, LPAs etc (SURE WILL WRITER)
• Face to face meeting with clients, taking instructions.
• Designing/tailoring service to individual needs.
• Follow up, attestations etc. Time recording/Billing.
02/2019 – 12/2019 Tutor/Trainer. Expert Law Tutors (Private Tutoring provider.)
• Face to face & on-line tutoring - law, business subjects, financial services etc.
• Designing/tailoring tutoring to individual needs.
• All subjects/levels – LLB, Post-Grad, CILEx, LPC, GDL. Business & Apprenticeships.
03/2018 – 01/2019. Legal Trainer/Manager. LMPQ Ltd. (Apprenticeship Academy)
• Delivering training, making workplace visits, reviewing and assessing written work & vocational evidence. Course management & administration. GDPR compliance.
• Dealing with a wide variety of people, trainees, apprentices, solicitors, barrister, receptionists, examiners, external trainers, all with different concerns and queries needing sensitive handling.
• Ensuring all evidence was thoroughly assessed and checked, followed through, discussed, explained, written up and verified before submitting for final assessment by national body.
• Agreeing training programmes that were suitable for law firms, trainees and exam bodies, ensuring that competing needs were met and outcomes were appropriate and effective.
• I ensured that trainees received constructive feedback and recommendations for the future and also ensured that they were able to contribute and comment on the process.
• When I encountered a trainee who lacked confidence with written work I made extra time to provide one to one support and tuition whilst at the same time doing everything to avoid making this known to his peers so as to save him embarrassment.
• I handled four separate cohorts of trainees each with different deadlines for completion etc, all dates were met.
05/2014 - 01/2018. Break from formal employment to become the sole, full-time carer for my disabled mother.)
• Dealing with complex, stressful and emotional situations with multi-agencies, remaining calm and professional.
• Financial management/budgeting. People management, persuasion, negotiating. Completing forms, making applications. SSAT Tribunal appearances.
• I invested the unpaid time during this period in writing short stories & novels and was successful in achieving a modest record of publication.
2011-2014, Property/HR Manager & Legal Administrator, Porterhouse Brokers.
Oct. 2012-Aug 2013, Lecturer in Law. Distance Learning Dept, University of Derby
2010–2011, Law Teacher Justin Craig Revision Colleges.
2009–2014, Supply Teacher (Law/Business Studies/Maths), Various Agencies.
Mar 2008- Jun 2008. Law Teacher. Kingsmead School, Staffs.
July 2006–Jan 2008. Legal Writer, Academic Answers Ltd.
1999-2020. Tutor/Trainer. Expert Law Tutors (Private Tutoring provider.)
06/1999 – 10/1999. Paralegal/Legal Administrator, Putsman’s (Solicitors), Birmingham.
1995-1999. Trainer/Internal Verifier/Quality Assessor (Retail/Management/Cust.Serv/Bus.Admin) Quest Training/Whitbead Plc,
1990s. Part time Lecturer in Law at Tamworth & Lichfield College, Wulfrun College & Walsall College,
Work Experience: Chambers of Michael Mansfield QC. Took’s Court, London. Chambers of John D Royer. 8 Fountain Court, Birmingham. St Ives Chambers, Fountain Court, Birmingham. White & Billingham, (Solicitors) Halesowen/ Wolverhampton.. Williamson & Soden, (Solicitors) Birmingham. Geffens, (Solicitors) Walsall.
LLB(Hons) Upper Second, BCU.
BVC Utter Barrister, Grade 2, Inns of Court School of Law.
LLM (Financial Services Law & Law & the Elderly) Upper Second. Uni of Wolverhampton. 2002.
TDLB D.32, D.33, D.34. LCCI.
CPD Will Writing. (STEP), Society of Will Writers. 2019.
4 A Levels. Malvern College.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|