My teaching method will be based on the student! Some prefer face to face meet up's other over the phone or FaceTime, I am completely flexible to the student's needs, and how they best learn. You let me know and I'll do!
I have been helping students ranging from GCSE to Graduate level to gain internships, work placements and part time experience for a year. Through the network I have built I am able to allocate each student a mentor experienced in their chosen field.
After graduating with a 2:1 LLB from the University of Leicester, I was able to secure a business management graduate scheme with Post Office Ltd. I stand by a strong commitment to a career in law, shown through my attendance at over 20 legal open days this academic year, where I have participated in bespoke competitions; analysing case studies and presenting the results to audiences over 100. I have also sought out experience relevant to a career as a solicitor, spending a month at Melvyn Everson & co; an immigration firm, a week with the Royal Mail Legal & Compliance Team, and a work placement at Ashurst LLP. These placements were amazing opportunities to gain experience working alongside clients, understanding the world of business and gaining a sense of commercial awareness.
• Trained Mental Health First Aider
• Trained Workplace Engagement Champion
• Excellent teamwork skills developed through various work experiences and being part of my sports teams.
• Fundraising experience at organisations such as Providence Row, Create Art, Seeability and The Red Cross.
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Marketing Executive, Post Office LTD
(September 2017 - Present)
• Embracing a startup mentality – bringing a strong sense of purpose to a rapidly changing market
• Working directly with the in house legal team to make sure Marketing is GDPR complient by May.
• Researching for campaign management tool to adopt an agile way of working.
Legal Intern, Royal Mail Legal & Compliance Team
• Joining the GLC team for one week’s work experience. Enabling me to see what the work of an
in-house lawyer is like and gain practical experience.
• Half a day with various departments within the GLC, including employment, litigation and commercial property.
• Attendance at Court and business meetings
• One day with external law firm; Ashurst, sitting in the completion law department
Attendance at Legal Events
(2015 - 2016)
• Attendance at open days held at Mayer Brown, Reed Smith, Clifford Chance, and many more.
• Recruiter led skills sessions: the recruitment process
• Panel discussions with senior representatives from participating law firms
• Networking with law representatives: an opportunity to meet representatives from the firms
• Participation in bespoke competitions and winning many.
• Participating in interactive business exercises and case studies
Judge, National Graduate Recruitment Awards 2016
¥ Requested by Target Jobs to judge at the National Graduate Recruitment Awards 2016.
¥ Reading participant’s proposals based on factors such as diversity, corporate responsibility, and quality of work placements.
¥ Utilising teamwork skills to reach a decision on the winner.
¥ Networking with representatives of the participating organisations, such as Teach First, Frontline, and Rolls Royce.
Advisor, Havering Citizens Advice
(November 2015 – Present)
¥ Finding out the key points of a client’s problem
¥ Finding out what a client’s problem is and helping them understand self-help information so the client can act for themselves
¥ Helping a client with debts to work out a reasonable rate of repayment and supporting them to negotiate this with creditors
¥ Interviewing a homeless client to find out what their housing options are and helping the client decide their next steps
¥ Interviewing a client that has been sacked and finding out whether they have lost their job unfairly or not.
Fundraiser, Champions Life Academy – SeeAbility
(June 2010 – April 2011)
• Focuses on sales and brand marketing for partner charities
• Communicated the aims of the charity to the local community through door-to-door fundraising.
• The scheme is accredited by the Institute of Leadership and Management
• Developing sales through administrative assistance
Part-time Retail Work Whilst Studying
(October 2012- September 2015)
• Working at Pizza Hut, Costa Coffee, Sainsbury’s and Palmers Sports and Leisure Centre.
• Excellent communication and customer service skills.
• Ability to work efficiently without supervision.
• Friendly mannerism.
• Providing initial training to new team members.
• Developing communication and relationship building skills, through greeting customers, taking orders, and receive payments.
Palmers Sixth Form College
(September 2012– June 2014)
3 A-levels, grade AAB, 1 AS-level grade B
Jo Richardson Community School
(September 2007 – June 2012)
10 GCSEs, grade A*-B, including Maths and English
Hobbies & Interests
Outside of my study and work-life, I have been an active advisor for the Legal Advice Clinic; giving help to those that cannot afford legal fees. Dealing with sensitive issues in the areas of immigration, employment and housing law, confidentiality was a key aspect of the role. I also worked as an Advisor at Havering Citizens Advice, where I listened to the concerns of the clients and advised them on possible steps to take in order to rectify their issues. These roles have allowed me to demonstrate my integrity, gain legal experience alongside engaging with clients and develop legal advisory skills.
I also fundraise for charities such as Providence Row and Create Art. Raising funds through coordinating events and door-to-door knocking, I was able to contribute to the charities that support the development of Tower Hamlets. I also volunteer at schools throughout the local area of Barking and Dagenham, such as Abbey Pre-school, and Cambell Infants. Whilst at these schools, I led physical education classes and read to the children. This was a rewarding opportunity to develop strong communication and leadership skills, which will assist me as a trainee.
Additionally, I have demonstrated a strong work ethic through my part time retail positions such as Guest Server at Pizza Hut. There, I have used my ability to build rapport with customers and adapt to dealing with different personalities to good effect; it has gained me some quick promotions.
References are available upon request.
I believe that Bintu is a trustworthy tutor because she is always willing to help others, very patient and resilient. She will go the extra mile for people, and encourage success for others.
career coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, job searching lessons for all!
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|