I can teach:
- English literature at primary, GCSE and Sixth Form level
- English language to any non-native speakers
- Physics, Maths, Biology at GCSE level or lower
- Art at any level
- Law (A-levels)
- Writing (e.g. Generally/IB Extended Essay/university personal statement)
I can also help with:
- University and professional orientation
- Academic and social anxiety at school.
My hours are flexible, and lessons can be private or in a group, and in one or more of the above.
Lessons will provide a balance between written and oral exercises, reading comprehension, grammar/vocabulary/practice, formal and conversational English.
However, the ultimate decision lies entirely with the tutee - there can be more focus on one or some of the above, or any other particular aspect of English language and literature that the student wants to focus on.
Lessons can include (but not be limited to) homework and coursework assistance, exam preparation, school/uni/job interview preparation, and CV polishing.
I am friendly, flexible and approachable - as my tutee, I would like you to feel free to ask me with any questions, and bring up worries or needs. I also provide snacks and free chats if something is on a child’s mind which interrupts the learning process :)
Hello! My name is Michaela, and I am currently a UCL law graduate.
I have previously been formally employed as an English tutor on two occasions:
1) Business English teacher at the Buglarian language school called Maximum, where the group of 15 students requested that we focus on English language as well as business English. In the three week course of tri-weekly 3-hour lessons, I included ice-breaking games, oral exercises, worksheets, grammatical theory and vocabulary practice
2) Business English teacher to a group of 5 employees of a company called Weiss Profil, where the focus was more on oral business communication.
Informally, I have always had an interest in and excelled at English literature. I completed the IB Diploma at Sevenoaks School, England and studied English literature at Higher Level. (The IB is the international equivalent of A-levels). Over the past 4 years, I have given informal English literature lessons to friends and classmates on numerous occasions.
I can help with the following school subjects at GCSE level or lower: mathematics, biology, physics, art.
I can help A-level students studying law, especially if wanting to pursue a degree and/or career in law.
I am a fluent Bulgarian speaker, and level C at German as a second language - I can teach Bulgarian at a very high level, and German up to level B.
A self-taught artist, I have always excelled at art in school and at competitions. Having won several awards in Bulgaria and a prize in the American Music K-8 competition, I can help your child in the subject of art at any level.
If any help with the writing of a personal statement (PS) is needed, I would be happy to help. I attended numerous PS workshops in college, have successfully helped a number friends and continued doing so (especially for law) at university.
Be it a personal statement or an English/History/Art/Economics essay, I can reform your child’s writing style in so far as he or she struggles with it academically. Writing a good essay/paper is all about finding unique points and attentively creating a flowing structure: with my methodology, your child will not run into confusion while writing, and will develop an independent style of thinking.
I can also help with university + professional orientation. Having found myself under-informed at university, I have gained invaluable experience in navigating the graduate process and career opportunities.
I have also trained people as a confidence coach: I can offer words of support if your child is experiencing anxiety due to academics or social interactions at school, or often feeling uneasy and insecure in their abilities.
Scaled rate available for buying a pack of webcam tutoring hours:
5 hours: 90 pounds
10 hours: 150 pounds
I have obtained the IB Diploma with 39/45 points, and am currently a second year law student at University College London.
In Sevenoaks School, apart from a few informal distinctions from my English teachers, I also received the English Merit Prize in Year 13 (which related to English literature).
I am originally Bulgarian and currently 21 years old, and have been studying English since the age of 6 in different environments:
- In school and private lessons (about 5 years total)
- In a fully American atmosphere in the American International School of Vienna at a young age (10-12 years old)
- In an American High School, studying 15 subjects in English
- In a British Sixth Form College (Sevenoaks School), studying 6 subjects in English
- Currently studying law in UCL
- A total of 9 years in a fully English academic environment, and 4 years in England
- Business English teacher employment
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|