I am a Law graduate, who is currently a writer for the Hate Crime Unit, Uk.
I have a genuine passion for English; including English literature, Essay writing and Literacy. My CV, as found below can provide further insight in regards to my qualifications and experience.
Marcellina Taynia is one of our best tutors. They have a high-quality profile, verified qualifications, a quick response time, and great reviews from students!
My teaching method is student-focused and interactive. The overall approach is dependent on the student's specific learning needs. I am confident that my passion for English and Writing, coupled with my educational background and skills, will aid in providing a high standard of teaching.
March 2021- Present Yale University (Via Cousera)
(Financial Markets Course) 8 weeks
Sept 2020 - Present The University of Law, London
(Bar Professional Course)
Jan 2016 – Jan 2019 BPP University Law School, London
Awarded a 2:1
May 2015 – Jan 2016 BPP University, London
(International Certificate in Legal Studies)
Awarded a Distinction
Sept 2010- June 2012 Sir Arthur Lewis Community College, St. Lucia
(Cambridge A levels)
2018 -Present The Honourable Society of the Middle Temple, London
Sept 2020-Present Writer, The Hate Crime Unit, UK
• Writing educational and informative blogs for the Unit's website.
• Assistance with the creation of Journals; which provide up-to-date reporting on the developments of hate crime within the UK.
Jan 2018- May 2018 Legal Intern, Kesar & Co Solicitors, UK
• Assistance with preparation for trials, hearings and depositions.
• Conducting of research in relation to allocated case files
• Analysing and condensing of case files into relevant points
• Observation and shadowing of solicitors in their capacity
Feb 2013 – May 2015 Purchaser, The Landings St. Lucia
• Sourcing of vendors, materials, equipment and supplies.
• Conducting interviews of potential suppliers to ascertain, terms of contractual relationship, product availability and product price competitivity.
• Research of products, considering price, quality and accessibility.
• Preparation and processing of requisitions and purchase orders for supplies and equipment.
• Maintenance of accurate records of goods and ordered and received.
June 2012-2013 Telesales Representative, Ark Tele Services St. Lucia
• Delivery of prepared sales scripts; describing products or services in order to influence potential customers to purchase products or services, or to make a donation.
• Explaining products, services and prices to customers, and answering all questions they may pose.
• Adjustment of sales scripts to better target the needs and interest of specific individuals.
January 2016 – May 2019 Volunteer Key Worker, Priory Group, UK
• Assistance with the development of persons with autism.
• Observation of clients’ progress, attitudes and accomplishments; updating records and maintenance of support notes.
• Preparation and submission of monthly and quarterly progress reports of clients’ development.
• Liaison with the social care team, doctors and other key personnel to deliver up-to-date and person-centred support to clients.
Positions of Responsibility:
Sept 2020- Present Student Association Representative- University of Law, London.
Role- To ascertain the views, issues and commendations of students undertaking the Bar course; and in turn liaise with university personnel, to enhance student involvement in the decision-making process.
Sept 2017 – Sept 2018 Public Relations Officer– BPP St. Lucia Society, London.
Achievements- Execution of a donation drive of Non-perishable items for hurricane-stricken Dominica, in conjunction with the Saint Lucian High Commission in London. The drive ended November 2017. Subsequently, a handover was given to the Dominican High Commissioner on the 18th of December 2017.
Dec 2017- Sept 2018 Public Relation Officer—BPP Mooting Society, London.
Achievements- Successful planning and execution of internal moots, which included the preparation of simulated court settings, as well as the acquisition of trial judges and participants. These moots involved the submission of written briefs and oral arguments.
• Languages: French (basic), French Creole
• IT: Competent in using MS Word, MS Excel, MS Power Point.
Perfect! Marcellina was amazing her way of teaching was good and encouraging love it.
Fatoumata is a brilliant student, I enjoyed working with her.
I needed help with Equity and Trusts, Marcellina provided me with a structured plan which helped me with understanding the module. I highly recommend this tutor.
Taynia is a great tutor. I received help with my research papers and essay plans. She's absolutely amazing 100% recommended
Taynia is extremely knowledgable. Super supportive. She helped me with a study plan for contract law and i am now able to assimulate the information quickly. Thank you Taynia for your support, you have made my life much easier as a law student. Highly recommended!
Marcellina is extremely thorough, she was very helpful in breaking down concepts that u had forgotten.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking creative writing lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||£12||Not available||£12|