Lessons will focus on covering critical areas required for the exam from the syllabus, as well as exam techniques. I also wish to impart on my students the value of treating academic study as an opportunity for personal development so that they can become confident, employable and well-rounded individuals.
I am a hard working and personable recent Law graduate from City, University of London. I am currently based in Doncaster and will begin my postgraduate legal studies on the LPC LLM in September 2018 as I aim to qualify as a solicitor.
I am passionate about helping students achieve their academic goals at both GCSE and A-Level. My specific talents lie in Personal Statements, Critical Essay Writing and A Grade essays (I achieved an A in GCSE Sociology and English and a 1st at 80% in my EU Law short dissertation-style essay module at University), English, Sociology, Law and The Extended Project.
A hardworking, personable and enthusiastic LLB (Hons) Law graduate from City, University of London commencing on the LPC LLM in September 2018.
City, University of London - LLB (Hons) Law
• European Union and the Global Legal Order - 80% (essay and dissertation-style critical writing which focused on the conflicting relationship of autonomy between the Court of Justice of the European Union and the European Court of Human Rights).
• Extra-curricular activities: Mooting, Align Mediation Training Skills Day, JUSTICE Human Rights Network Conference, Civil Service Fast Stream Identity Agenda, Foreign and Commonwealth Office Interactive Workshop, Amnesty International UK Student Conference, Child.Org Charity Apprentice 2018 Candidate.
Hall Cross Academy - Sociology, English Literature, History and The Extended Project
• My Extended Project essay in which I got an A focused on Capital Punishment - assessing the reasons as to why and how capital punishment became legalised in the UK.
• Sociology - B
GCSE's - 11 GCSE's
• English - A
• Sociology - A
Citizens Advice Bureau, Gateway Assessor/Trainee Adviser – Oct 2017 – Present
• Interviewing clients and providing advice with regards to welfare & benefits, employment, debt, immigration, family life, consumer rights, law and health
• Diary management – booking client appointments
• Filing, photocopying and scanning documents
• Signposting and referring clients to relevant agencies
• Ensuring confidentiality and general administration duties
• Microsoft Office
Amnesty International UK, Student Action Network Committee – Nov 2015 – Nov 2016
• Identified potential problems to sustainability and growth and offered solutions
• Planned and organised student conferences and supervised AGMs
• Lead on projects such as fundraising, campaigning, monitoring and evaluation, sustainability and retention to see the strength of the Student Network increase
• Represented the 100+ student groups based across the UK to the decision-making of Amnesty International UK and supported student activists at national and regional conferences and events
• Microsoft Office
Grainger Appleyard Solicitors, Shadowing – Aug 2014
• Shadowed a criminal solicitor
• Went to court, listened to cases as well as engaged solicitors in conversation, familiarised myself with how a magistrates’ court operates and took notes
The Vermin Campaign, Co-Social Media Admin – June 2015 – Aug 2015
• Responded to e-mails and maintained social media accounts to raise awareness and change perceptions about homelessness in the UK
Labour HQ, Phone Bank – May 2015
• Phoned various members of the public to find out whether they had voted and when they would vote, then made a record of their answer
Other Work Experience
Lifestyle Renewables - Call Centre – July 2017
• Sold energy saving technology through phone calls
City University of London, CULSU Powerhouse Society
• President - September 2016 – January 2017
• Finance Officer - September 2015 - 2016
City University of London, Amnesty International UK Society Admin – Sep 2015 – May 2017
• Researched and posted information concerning global human rights violations on the society’s media page
Hillsong London, Host Team – Jan 2014 – May 2017
• Events management
City, University of London, Student Ambassador - July 2016
• Shared my experience of university life at City and directed prospective students to the university
British Heart Foundation, Sales Assistant - 2014
• General maintenance of the main shop floor
• Answered customers’ questions regarding the shop’s products
• Moved goods between floors and packed bags for customers behind the till
The Lindley Group, Catering Assistant (Food Kiosks) – 2012 - 2014
• Operated cash tills and delivered quality customer service
• Prepared and sold hot beverages, hot food and cold snacks
• Maintained a high standard of hygiene within the kiosk
• Legal databases: Westlaw, Lexis Nexis, Hein Online/Microsoft Office, Administration
• Excellent verbal and written communication, Team Work and Time Management
Languages: English (native) and Nyanja (professional working proficiency)
Honours and Awards (2012) - Balby Carr Community Sports and Science College:
• Doncaster Freeman Award - I was one of two students aged 15-18 nominated for a certificate in recognition of my individual contribution in adding value to my school, community and lifestyle by the Civic Mayor at the Mansion House.
• Introduction to Law Course (2012) - Successful completion of a course that introduced me to the basic principles of the law in year 11 while I was exploring my desire to study law at university.
• Sociology Awards (2011) - Academic achievement award
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, literacy lessons for all!
Taking resume - cover letter’s writing prep lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£20|