I have given classes from people from 6-60, but my main focus has always been children (in particular primary to early secondary). If someone is not enjoying the lesson they will not pay attention and if they do not pay attention they do not learn. I like to use games to grab attention by making class more exciting and to allow for students to retain the knowledge better.
I am an American citizen who graduated with high honours from my university before leaving to serve as Education volunteer in The Gambia where I taught over 150 students. After a few short months, I was able to lead children, who were once illiterate and unable to count past 30, to understand and read basic English as well as the 1-12 multiplication table. I look forward to the progress we can make together in a warm, fun environment.
PRIMARY TEACHER TRAINER SPECIALIST
Peace Corps The Gambia, 2019-2020
-Co-taught with Gambian teachers, aiding in lesson planning and
providing constructive feedback to improve the quality of teaching
- Fostered a 33% increase in students' reading
- Led workshops at a regional level, training headmasters and teachers
- Promoted student centred learning and modelled classroom
- Produced materials for teacher counterparts to use with students
- Active member of the Gender And Development Committee, leading
initiatives to promote gender equity and fostering female engagement
- From West Africa, led and organized the
collection of donations and distribution of
1,000 books, in order to create and provide an
essential library for over 150 local children
- Learnt and worked in the Pulaar language
during Peace Corps service
- Collaborated with teachers to more than
double the number using literacy instruction
- Lived in conditions comparable to locals for
entirety of Peace Corps service with no
electricity or running water and scarce
vocabulary - english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest oral expression - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£18||£18|
|5 hours||Not available||£80||£90|
|10 hours||Not available||£130||£180|