Hello! My name is Michaela, and I am currently a second year law student at UCL.
I can teach:
- English literature at primary, GCSE and Sixth Form level
- English language and Business English to any non-native speaks
My hours are flexible, and lessons can be private or in a group, and in one or more of the above.
Lessons will provide a balance between written and oral exercises, reading comprehension, grammar/vocabulary/practice, formal and conversational English.
However, the ultimate decision lies entirely with the tutee - there can be more focus on one or some of the above, or any other particular aspect of English language and literature that the student wants to focus on.
Lessons can include less standard exercises such as (but not limited to) homework and coursework assistance, exam preparation, school/uni/job interview preparation, and CV polishing.
I am friendly, flexible and approachable - as my tutee, I would like you to feel free to approach me with any questions, worries or needs. I also provide snacks and free chats if something is on your mind which interrupts your learning :)
I have previously been formally employed as an English tutor on two occasions:
- Business English teacher at the Buglarian language school called Maximum, where the group of 15 students requested that we focus on English language as well as business English, which is often requested for those seeking to study business English. In the three week course of tri-weekly 3-hour lessons, I included ice-breaking games, oral exercises, grammar explanation, and vocabulary practice
- Business English teacher to a group of 5 employees of a company called Weiss Profil, where the focus was more on oral business communication.
Informally, I have always had an interest in and excelled in English literature. I completed the International Baccalaureate Diploma at Sevenoaks School, and studied English literature at Higher Level in Sevenoaks, England. (The IB is the international equivalent of A levels). Over the past 4 years, I have given informal English literature lessons to friends and classmates on numerous occasions.
Scaled rate available for buying a pack of webcam tutoring hours:
5 hours: 90 pounds
10 hours: 150 pounds
I have obtained the IB Diploma with 39/45 points, and am currently a second year law student at University College London.
In Sevenoaks School, apart from a few informal distinctions from my English teachers, I also received the English Merit Prize in Year 13 (which related to English literature).
I am originally Bulgarian and currently 21 years old, and have been studying English since the age of 6 in different environments:
- In school and private lessons (about 5 years total)
- In a fully American atmosphere in the American International School of Vienna at a young age (10-12 years old)
- In an American High School, studying 15 subjects in English
- In a British Sixth Form College (Sevenoaks School), studying 6 subjects in English
- Currently studying law in UCL
- A total of 9 years in a fully English academic environment, and 4 years in England
- Business English teacher employment
esol (english) lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest vocabulary - english lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, written comprehension - english lessons for all!
Taking oral comprehension - english lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|