My teaching method is very much dependant on what subject it is and how the student likes to learn. I like to teach very explaining the content and going through it with them, answering some set questions and doing some buzz quizzes (which are informal quizzes that help the student retain information, these have been proven very effective by multiple studies)
I am a first year Law student at Plymouth University. I've successful tutored and lead study groups of up to 10 students. As well as, many one on one tutees. 6 months was spend tutoring students with learning difficulties to help them understand homework and prepare for tests.
If a cancellation is less than 24 hours in advance they will have to pay half the price of the tutorial. 24 hours before the appointment it is free to cancel.
Term Time address: 41 Gibbon Street, Pilgrim Halls of Residence, PL4 8BT.
Home address: 2 Marling Crescent, Stroud, GL5 4LB.
Contact Info: (concealed information)4 – (concealed information)
• Waitress – The Vine Tree Inn
o May 2017 – December 2018
Keeping customers happy in high pressure and fast-moving environment. Involved developed multi-tasking skills to be able to handle customer relations and food preparation within a high-pressure environment.
• Ambassador – Cirencester College
o September 2017 – September 2019
I gave many large public talks for open days and induction days as part of my role. As part of open days and enrolment, I would help would with the logistics of the day. Also, I would give in-depth subject talks to prospective students which required knowledge of the subject and exams.
• Tutor – Archway School
o November 2015 – July 2016
I spent several months working as a tutor with the homework after school club. This involved tutoring students in all subject and trying to communicate that information with children of all abilities, many of whom had learning difficulties.
• University of Plymouth – September 2019
• Cirencester College – September 2017 – July 2019 A level: Politics B, Philosophy Ethics & Religion C, Applied Science B.
• Archway School – September 2012 – July 2017
GCSEs: Maths 5, Statistics B, English Lit/Lang 6, Geography A, plus 7xB, 1xC.
Skills and Achievements
• First Aid Qualification from St Johns Ambulance 2017.
• Winning the Debating Matters Competition in Cardiff 2018.
• Winning the In-house debating competition and debating for the MP for North Swindon.
• Being featured on BBC politics West in December 2018, talking about social mobility.
• Being on student panels for MPs, meeting David Drew and Jeffery Clifton-Brown.
• Public Speaking - At college, I was involved in multiple public speaking events, for open days and induction days, in front of large audiences of up to 500 people.
• Written Communication Skills – I gained a distinction level on 7 out of 8 pieces of my coursework.
• Verbal Communication Skills - Shown via the wins in debating competitions and well as during 6 months of volunteering with kids with learning disabilities.
• Team-player - I was part of the secondary school hockey team and this involved working together as a team to be able to come together and win games.
• Cabinet Office Buddy System – I was a part of the Cabinet office's texting buddy scheme which was a trial at the time. A year 13 student would be put in contact with the new year 12 students about to start the sixth form, the year 13 student would act as a mentor. This was a programme to help reduce the number of students who drop out of doing A levels.
• Big bang science day – Volunteered as a stem ambassador to help encourage more students from the county’s secondary schools into the sciences.
• Radio Gloucestershire – Featured on Radio Glos talking about Social Mobility in Gloucestershire and the struggles faced by the youths in the area.
• Work Experience MOD in 2015 - I spend a week in the MoD in Bristol working on an Engineering logistics project, and then presented it to a group of people at the end of the week. This improved my problem-solving skills, presentation skills and communication skills.
• Netball – Part of the Law society Netball team.
• Played in the Secondary School Hockey team.
• Played the Violin for 1 Year
• Pop up Bar Staff at Local Cinema Nights
Cirencester College Ambassador
(concealed information) University of Plymouth
Hugo de Rijke
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking literacy lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£9|
|5 hours||Not available||£60||£45|
|10 hours||Not available||£120||£90|