I am currently an undergraduate but am happy to give tutoring to all levels. My teaching method is based on you and what your needs are! I spend time getting to know you and what you want from the sessions before creating a program and structures you feel confident with and will help you get that dream job/interview/placement!
I am a Law student who has coached 14 students online on how to progress from their A Levels. This includes general life advice i.e. accommodation and budgeting, personal statements, choices of University and adapting their experiences into new skills!
PERSONAL PROFILE: Enthusiastic second year law undergraduate at Northumbria University who is eager to pass on knowledge and experience acquired through a variety of academic and work experience, employment and volunteering achievements.
2016-2020: University of Northumbria, Bachelor of Law (LLB), including BPTC or LPC from M Law Exempting degree
2014-2016: Trinity Sixth Form, Carlisle A Levels: Law (A) Psychology (A) and English Language (A)
AS Level: Mathematics (B) Extended Project: Focus area, Law (A)
2009-2014: Newman Catholic School, Carlisle GSCEs: 5 A*’s, 5 A’s, 2 B’s
LEGAL/ ACADEMIC WORK EXPERIENCE:
30th - 31st October 2017, Mini-Pupillage, Trinity Chambers, The Customs House, 39 Quayside, Newcastle, NE1 3DE
• Observed a variety of family cases and hearings hence exposed to a new area of law
• Experienced a new interesting and challenging case procedure
• Experienced a range of complicated and difficult cases relating to a new area of law
26th- 28th June 2017, Mini-Pupillage, Dere Street Chambers, 33 Broad Chare, Newcastle, NE1 3DQ
• Able to discuss cases with professionals hence develop theoretical knowledge of criminal law
• Appreciation of the diversity and complexity of issues the court can have to deal with
5th and 6th June 2017, Mini-Pupillage, New Park Court Chambers, 3-7 Broad Chare, Newcastle, NE1 3DQ
• Observed differing criminal cases and hearings developing knowledge of court procedure and etiquette
• Remained professional and respectful in emotional and sensitive situations
• Communicated with a variety of professionals in the legal profession gaining insight into the importance and duties of distinct roles in this field
21st August 2016-26th August 2016, Study Visit, Unite opportunities, Geneva, Switzerland
• Learned from the leaders of organisations such as UNHCR (High Commissioner for Refugees), UNFPA (Population fund), OHCHR (High Commissioner for Human Rights)
• Widened international legal knowledge by discussing legal matters with experts in the field
• Attained appreciation for the sheer mass of the organisation and its reach internationally
• Traveled independently to Switzerland and organise flights as well as funding
4-day placement, June 2015, Work placement, Cumbria Law Centre, 8 Spencer St, Carlisle, CA1 1BG
• Completed administration work using a range of IT skills and software
• Experienced appreciation of importance of pro-bono work
• Obtained a wider understanding of how the law affects people in difficult circumstances
EMPLOYMENT / WORK EXPERIENCE
October 2017- Present, Outreach Representative, Northumbria University, 2 Ellison Place, Newcastle, NE1 8ST
• Work as part of the widening participation program to encourage underrepresented children from a wide age range to apply to university
• Part of the NU Entry E-mentoring scheme which involves encouraging Year 13 aspirations to University through an online platform aimed at guiding them through the process
• Trained in child and vulnerable adult safeguarding, DBS checked
October 2015-September 2016, Shop assistant, New Look, The Lanes Shopping Centre, Lanes Shopping Centre, Carlisle, CA3 8NT
October 2016-June 2017 transferred to, New Red Mall, Metro Centre, Units 1.251- 1253, Gateshead, NE11 9YP
• Worked successfully in a team to accomplish tasks on a broad scale such as audits
• Received and passed training in professional working behaviours
• Responded calmly to difficult situations including disputes between customers or members of staff
• Utilised hypothetical skills to effectively adjust layout of the store according with briefs given
• Received reward of a gift card by the company for hard work
February 2014-Sept 2015, Shop assistant, J Balchin and Son, 2-4 Petteril Bank Road, Carlisle, CA1 3AH
• Improved communication skills by advising and assisting customers
• Acquired financial responsibility of working and counting till drawers
• Completed paperwork involving returning of newspapers incorporating numerical skills
• Utilised skills of judgement and integrity when asking for ID in cases of cigarette and lottery purchases
ACTIVITIES, INTERESTS AND POSITIONS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
• Army Cadet Force: Participated for over 2 years and was able to attain responsibility and leadership through position of section commander involving designation of roles and duties. Selected for best cadet in the platoon at summer camp for two years running for commitment and hard work.
• MARS (Mooting, Advocacy and Research Skills) University society September 2016 – Present: Improved advocacy skills through mooting by drafting a clear and compelling. Enhanced legal research skills by analysing relevant authorities for a moot.
• 1st year course representative for the University September 2016 – July 2017: Communicated effectively between students on the course and the university. Accomplished change in Approaches to Law and Lawyering Skills module due to issues raised by the representatives.
• 1st year representative of the Grey’s Society September 2016 – July 2017: The universities law society, the position involved assisting in organising and advertising networking events and skills workshops.
• Social Secretary Grey Society September 2017- Present: Position involves organising and promotion of society events, including campaigns, charity projects and managing social media accounts.
• Volunteer NSU/Community November 2016- Present: Students give back to the community by participating in volunteering and fundraising events for various local charities and organisations.
• NSU/Community Ouseburn Farm Project Leader September 2017- Present: Position involves aiding the local farm through fundraising events, volunteering at the farm and promoting events at the farm.
• Societies Leadership Committee September 2017- Present: Working with a panel of students to assess applications and allocate funds to Northumbria’s various societies.
AWARDS AND ACHIEVEMENTS:
- Leadership in Volunteering award 2017 – Over 110 hours volunteering with the Student’s Union
- Leadership in Volunteering award 2018 – Over 200 hours volunteering with the Students Union
- School of Business and Law: Work Experience award
- School of Business and Law: Community Engagement award
- Honor Roll 2016/17 – Top 10% of grades for year
career coaching lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest professional coaching lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, leadership lessons for all!
Taking job searching lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at her home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£15||£15|
|10 hours||Not available||£120||£150|