My teaching style is dependant on how the student likes to learn, as I understand some might be more visional and other prefer being lectured to. Usually, I would tell them about the topic and then do a small buzz quiz or ask questions to make sure they have understood the information. Small tests have been proven to be effect as a way of retaining information, this is also my personal style of learning. I would set occasional essays or tests to help improve written communication which then I'll show the student how i marked it and how to improve while using the mark scheme.
I'm a Student at the University of Plymouth. Previous I have worked with children with learning disabilities to help them with their GCSEs. I'm looking to help share my love for knowledge with others and help them get through their studies.
2 Marling Crescent, Stroud, GL5 4LB · (concealed information)4
MAY 2017 – DECEMBER 2018
WAITRESS/KITCHEN PORTER, THE VINE TREE INN
Keeping customers happy in a high pressure and fast-moving environment. Involved developed multi-tasking skills to be able to handle customer relations and food preparation within a small-time frame.
Spend a week in the MoD in Bristol working on a project to do with logistics in engineering and then presented it to a group of people at the end of the week. This improved problem-solving skills, presentation skills and communication skills.
LAW LLB, UNIVERSITY OF PLYMOUTH – FIRST YEAR
ALEVEL, CIRENCESTER COLLEGE
Achieved a B in politics and a C in philosophy and a Merit in Applied Science BTEC as well as a Gold award for ambassadoring responsibilities. Also, I participated in debating society and winning the in-house competition and debating for the MP for north Swindon as well as competing in the debating matters competition in Cardiff 2018 and winning. While at college I also was featured on Sunday politics and radio Gloucestershire talking about social mobility.
GCSEs – Archway School 2017 – 1A, 7Bs, 2Cs
• Verbal Communication skills – Shown via the wins in debating competitions and well as during 6 months of volunteering with kids with learning disabilities and this helped developed my verbal communication skills as I had to explain work to them in different ways to help them complete the task.
• Team-player – I was part of the secondary school hockey team and this involved working together as a team to be able to come together and win games.
• Public Speaking – At college I was involved in multiple public speaking events, for open days and induction days, in-front of large audiences of up to 500 people.
• Written Communication skills – I gained distinction level on 7 out of 8 pieces of my coursework.
• First Aid Qualification 2017
References available on request
geography lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest philosophy lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, politics lessons for all!
Taking religious studies lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|
|1 hour||Not available||£20||£15|