I approach each topic in the medium I believe that students would learn according to their strengths. Different students learn differently; one may visually others may learn through making notes and revisiting the notes afterwards. Nevertheless, I will invest my own time by giving them sample essays that I will create as I go with them, providing them with coherent structures and will test them after each topic to ensure that they have grasped a full understanding of the topic. Homework is given every week accordingly.
I am a Law student who has been tutoring English at GCSE and A-level for the past 2 years and would like to broaden the number of people that I tutor. I accept all abilities and am willing to do 1:1s as well as group lessons. I am flexible and can drive.
If you would like to cancel and/or reschedule a lesson, you must let me know 48 hours in advance. If not you shall be charged £10.
LLB Law, City, University of London | London, UK 2017-2020
• 2018-2019 – Second Year – 2:1
• 2017-2018 – First Year – High 2:1
St Dominic’s Sixth Form College | City, UK 2015-2017
• A-Levels: History (A), English Literature (A), Economics (B), (at AS Level AND A- Level)
Queens Elizabeth’s School | Barnet, UK 2010-2015
• GCSE’s: 11 A*-A grades, including A*’s in English Literature, Language and History.
Previous Internships (Non-Pay):
Winter Internship 2019, WYM Legal | Watford, UK (concealed information).12.2019
• Conveyancing and dealing with title deeds
• Creating contracts to outline the ownership of commercial, freehold and leasehold properties
• Calling banks and sorting out charges that have been placed on mortgaged houses
• Creating “information packs” for clients on the property of interest
Summer 2016 Internship, Biruntha Solicitors | Lewisham, UK (concealed information).092016
• Completed immigration forms, organised private information and summarising cases
• Translator – English to Tamil and vice versa
• Mediate with familial cases
• Understood relationship that must be built between clients and solicitors
• Honed patience and understand the need to be empathetic and respect the boundaries of discretion.
Summer Work Experience, Headstone Lane GP | Location, UK Month 2015-Month 2015
• Shadowed doctors whilst they were treating patients.
• Worked as a receptionist in the admin section, holder and organiser of discretionary information.
• Discretion was very important and can closely be related to law as well. Patience and empathy were a must due to the sharing of private information.
Summer 2017: McDonalds, South Harrow and Nisa Local Stores–
• Sharpened teamwork skills and sacrificing personal time for the benefit of the company and its reputation; took extra shifts to cover colleagues
• Communication – imperative that orders were made with care and efficiency.
Communication, Organisation and Teamwork:
• Co-Founder of the Sri Lankan Relief Fundraiser (2019) o Assembled a few of my friends
o Organised a Facebook page for people to sign up; created page for people to donate
o 5k Run - Planned and Co-ordinated route; ran ahead of runners to keep morale high
– set checkpoints with people
o Buckets brought for some who wanted to donate via cash
o Collected £5000
• Tutoring English for GCSEs every Saturday –
o Understood and realised that different people have different areas of struggles and
o Became more patient - important in terms of facing clients with different problems and cases.
• Tutoring Miruthangam (a South Indian Drum) on Saturday School –
o oral communication skills developed, especially with students’ parents
o taught me to adapt to situations
o be prepared to explain reasoning and thought process clearly (English and Tamil)
necessary in cases where clients would have a lack of knowledge and understanding upon basic law
• Captaining the Rugby Team –
o make hard calls
o persistent and tactical - created new strategies in order to push through regardless of game’s status
o to think outside the box and defeat them by any means
can be applied where cases may have hard calls and turn outs or ratios that may not have been the ideal outcome for clients or solicitors.
• DofE and CCF (cadets)-
o given responsibility to lead squadron due to my organised and reassuring nature
o teamwork - assigning everyone with a specific task to make the task easier and fluid.
Interests and Achievements:
1. Created own website (2019) – wizdomania.com – to help youngsters get involved and understand current affairs in the world
2. IT Skills- Fluent use of Microsoft Office Software and with social media and web content.
3. Runners up in the Coca Cola Enterprise Challenge, 2014
4. Captained Rugby Team for Queen Elizabeth’s from 2012 to 2015
5. Hobbies are drawing, writing poems and reading philosophical and historical accounts.
english lessons closeby? Here's a selection of tutor listings that you can check out.
Superprof can also suggest reading lessons to help you.
Learning isn't a problem, english literature lessons for all!
Taking 11+ school exam preparation lessons has never been easier: you're going to learn new skills.
|at his home||at your home||By webcam|